Has your computer infected from Boot:Cidox-A. It has leaded your computer dangerously having some deletion issue. You are unable to delete it even all tried antivirus it still into your computer and you are searching for relevant guide to delete it. Then looking this relevant guide how to delete Boot:Cidox-A completely from your computer.
What is Boot:Cidox-A?
Boot:Cidox-A is a harmful Trojan virus that has capacity to block your computer files and also delete your files. It has been designed by cyber criminals to misguide the users to infect their computer all over world. It is very tricky to get sneaked into your computer, means it gets inside your computer very silently such as through bundled with your freeware application software like Game, Videos, Audios etc and having clicked some spam emails.
No sooner had it get insides into your computer, it will block your computer screen, delete your stored files of computer, replicate some infected files for injecting into your computer. Moreover, it has capacity to modify your browser setting and change your registry setting as well as it will download a large number of other Trojan infection onto your computer and make your computer slow down in poor performance. It can inject some malicious code onto your computer for allowing the cyber criminals to access into your computer for getting malicious profit from users. Almost it will create a number of complicated issue that will be hard to get rid. So, it is very important that Boot:Cidox-A should be deleted immediately from your computer.
Steps to Remove Boot:Cidox-A
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Boot:Cidox-A
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Boot:Cidox-A
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Boot:Cidox-A and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Boot:Cidox-A
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Boot:Cidox-A and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Boot:Cidox-A. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Boot:Cidox-A related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Boot:Cidox-A, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Boot:Cidox-A Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Boot:Cidox-A Running Processes.
- Right Click on Boot:Cidox-A and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Boot:Cidox-A Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Boot:Cidox-A and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Boot:Cidox-A Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Boot:Cidox-A, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!