What is DeskBar Toolbar? How my PC got infected by this virus? It is showing lots of unwanted ads regularly on my computer. How to stop those ads? DeskBar Toolbar also redirect my browser to unknown websites. My AVG anti-virus is also not able to detect this malign threat. Is there any way to delete DeskBar Toolbar from my computer?
DeskBar Toolbar is an annoying adware program. It is a nasty intruder that can assault your computer silently and do harmful activities in your system. Once this dubious threat get installed into your system, it will start throwing lots of unwanted ads on your computer screen. This malicious threat is mainly intended to show lots of annoying ads, banners, deals, offers and many other unwanted advertisements. DeskBar Toolbar is also able to infect your web browser. This awful threat will also infect your active browser to show those ads on your PC regularly. It will make several unwanted changes on your computer system without your consent.
DeskBar Toolbar is able to infect all famous web browsers like Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and others. After infecting your computer, it may also inject its malign codes to the registry editor for getting automatically started on your machine. It has the only motive to boost the traffic of dubious websites and earn profit. DeskBar Toolbar mainly enter your computer system through bundled third party freeware programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, shareware and other deceptive techniques. It also track your browsing history to collect your personal and confidential information. It may risk your privacy by sending those details to remote hackers. You are advised to delete DeskBar Toolbar soon from your PC.
Step:1 Remove DeskBar Toolbar or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for DeskBar Toolbar or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall DeskBar Toolbar or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove DeskBar Toolbar
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of DeskBar Toolbar from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall DeskBar Toolbar
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by DeskBar Toolbar will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of DeskBar Toolbar
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from DeskBar Toolbar in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against DeskBar Toolbar
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting DeskBar Toolbar while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and DeskBar Toolbar Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from DeskBar Toolbar
How to Block DeskBar Toolbar Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still DeskBar Toolbar exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about DeskBar Toolbar Removal