.happyness file virus : Threat’s Summary
|Name||.happyness file virus|
|Description||The main objective of the operators of .happyness file virus is to swindle money from the victimized system users.|
|Possible Symptoms||File encryption, performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download .happyness file virus Scanner to confirm the attack of .happyness file virus.|
'.happyness file virus' : A New Variant of Globe3 Ransomware
Cyber security experts revealed a new variant of Globe3 ransomware named .happyness file virus. All file-encoder threats in this group share the similar properties and proliferation techniques as well. In most of the cases, the malware invades the machine through malicious spam email attachments and then encodes the files using a strong but sophisticated file encryption algorithm. After successful file encryption, it appends file name by adding '.happyness' extension onto every encoded files. This group of notorious ransomware viruses is known to attack the most widely used and popular file formats in order to cause more and more damages and the hackers behind .happyness file virus encourage victimized system users to pay a hefty sum of ransom fee.
Once all personal and important data is encoded with the strong algorithm, the malware drops a ransom notification identified as 'How To Recover Encrypted files.hta'. Although, clicking on the '.HTA' file dropped by .happyness file virus launches a window which consists information about file encryption and ransom demanding message as well. Creators of this threat only tells the victims to contact them via provided email address to get more information on file recovery procedure. Unfortunately, removing this ransomware from your affected computer won't help you recover encoded files. However, contacting con artists and following their instructions may not be beneficial for you as well.
Working Principles of .happyness file virus
The main objective of the operators of .happyness file virus is to swindle money from the victimized system users. Therefore, cyber criminals also suggest taking a deal with them. For file decryption tool they instruct you to transfer some bitcoins in their provided wallet address. The size of asked ransom money may vary from 0.5 BTC to 1.5 BTC. In case, if you don't have file backups, you may find the hackers' deal the only way to restore your needed files. However, no one can guarantee that affected users can rely on the words of cyber extortionists.
After getting the ransom payment, developers of .happyness file virus may forget their promises or may even provided useless and rogue decryption key. As a result, you may face loss of hundred dollars for nothing. Nevertheless, security experts hasn't released the decryption tool, but researchers at RMV strongly recommend not paying the asked ransom fee. You should focus on its complete removal. A reputable and powerful anti-malware scanner will help you to delete .happyness file virus completely from your system and protect the machine from any other issues as well.
How To Remove .happyness file virus From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End .happyness file virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the .happyness file virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall .happyness file virus From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .happyness file virus related items from list.
Uninstall .happyness file virus From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete .happyness file virus related items from the programs list.
Delete .happyness file virus From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all .happyness file virus related programs.
Remove .happyness file virus Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all .happyness file virus related entries.
Remove .happyness file virus Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the .happyness file virus virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free .happyness file virus Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.