Have you noticed that '[email protected]' Ransomware installed on your PC? Is your all System files encrypted by weird and unknown extension? Are you unable to access your files? Do you want to restore your all encrypted files easily by taking a proper action? If your answer is affirmative for such a queries then you are at the right place. Just go through with this post and get rid of '[email protected]' Ransomware effectively.
'[email protected]' Ransomware Description:
'[email protected]' Ransomware is a new variant of the Globe Ransomware which was reported in the first week of January 2017. It does not feature with any distinctive features compared to the other crypto-malware. This variant of ransomware is known as a very simple and effective crypto-threat. It supports a standard hybrid encryption engine that is specially designed to lock the stored data by using the private AES-256 key and encrypt private key with the RSA-512 key. Especially, it has been created by cyber hackers to gain profit and money from you.
Dissemination Strategy Used By '[email protected]' Ransomware
The payload of this variant of ransomware is usually uploaded to the compromised or hacked sites. When you open any corrupted attachments or suspicious emails, it automatically gets installed on your PC without any consent. Beside this spam campaigns, it also attacks the Windows PC via freeware and shareware applications, torrent files, infected removable devices, online games, P2P file sharing network etc. These all are the most common distribution channels that used by '[email protected]' Ransomware but the main source of infiltration is the Internet. Thus, you need to be very attentive while performing online activities.
Is it necessary to pay the ransom amount?
To encrypt data, it uses '.[email protected]' file extension. After encrypting a file, the developers of this ransomware may ask you to pay more than two hundred dollars. Most of the System users easily agreed to pay the ransom amount but they noticed that even paying off the money decryptor may not deliver any key to your email address. This variant of ransomware work son the principle that the stored data was encrypted and there is no any solution to the problem, but you need to be trusted by the people who encrypted data. In order to keep data safe and restore files back, there is no need to pay the ransom amount to third-party.
Why is necessary to delete '[email protected]' Ransomware from affected PC?
'[email protected]' Ransomware is really one of the threatening and dangerous piece of malware which infect PC widely. It can potentially damage the user's personal files after residing on the PC. According to the researchers, it has the ability to make your PC vulnerable to other remote attacks which as a result in loss of money, identity theft etc. It can destroy your data and PC forever. In order to keep data and PC protected, it is really very necessary to get rid of '[email protected]' Ransomware immediately by following the provided steps.
A: How To Remove ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by ‘[email protected]’ Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.