.odin File Extension Overview :
First of all .odin File Extension has been appeared on the 26 September that affects mostly U.S. Based users. Similar to the .Zepto File Virus, it is the newest variant of Locky Ransomware. This updated version of ransomware has a set of ransom instructions and a new file with renamed.
Depth analysis of .odin File Extension
.odin File Extension is appended to the all files to makes all files inaccessible. It replaced the filenames with hyphens that separated five groups of symbols, 32 hexadecimal characters etc. This extension is implemented with AES-128 and RSA-2048 cryptosystems. The combination of the symmetric and asymmetric algorithm completely locks the data. After locking data, it leaves a ransom note on desktop screen which ask user to pay the ransom amount about 300USD by using the Cryptocurrency which is known as Bitcoin. But you should not pay the ransom amount because there is no any guarantee that after paying ransom money you will get the decryptor tool and decrypt your file. This type of extension is created by cyber hackers with sole intention to make profit and money from you. So it is suggested by expert that you should delete .odin File Extension immediately from your infected PC.
How .odin File Extension Intrudes Into Your PC
Similar to other file extension, .odin File Extension also intrudes into your PC secretly without asking for your permission. It uses lots of intrusion method to enters into the targeted machine but some of them are as follows :
Spam-emails or Junk mail attachments that comes from unverified sources and locations.
Malicious or hacked sites that specially designed for weird extension files.
Bundled with freeware or shareware programs.
Use of any infected removable devices.
Playing online games.
File sharing network etc.
Harmful Effects of .odin File Extension
- .odin File Extension usually encrypts all files with weird extension.
- After encrypting files leaves a ransom note on desktop screen.
- Alters System and browser settings.
- Disables the functionality of your System security tools and software.
- Add some new shortcuts and icons on the desktop screen.
How To Remove .odin File Extension Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .odin File Extension related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .odin File Extension related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .odin File Extension infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.