PGPSnippet Ransomware Encrypts the Vital PC Files
PGPSnippet Ransomware is yet another precarious cyber infection which is especially programmed by the team of criminal hackers in order to encode the sensitive files stored on victim's machine. To make the targeted files inaccessible, the malware uses a strong file encryption algorithm and appends their name by adding '[email protected]' extension. As a result, the affected system users won't be able to access their files or data. Right after the successful file encryption, the PGPSnippet Ransomware displays a ransom note onto the affected computer's desktop that can be identified as '!!!README_DECRYPT!!!.txt' file.
Hackers responsible for this vicious attack demands 500 USD as a ransom money that should be paid in the form of Bitcoins. Moreover, the racketeers behind this nasty malware asks ransom fee in exchange for a decryption key needed for the file restoration and also to provide the PGPSnippet Ransomware removal instructions as well. To threats the victimized system users, this file-encoder virus gives 72 hours for the ransom payment and provide the list of websites where they can initiate the ransom payment through cryptocurrencies. In case, if the affected users take longer time to pay ransom fee, the hackers will increase the ransom size and makes it double.
Is Paying Ransom Money a Good Idea?
Cyber security analysts and RMV researchers do not recommend you to pay the ransom fee asked by the operators of PGPSnippet Ransomware, because right after receiving the ransom payment the malware can be gone and leaves you empty handed without providing a right decryption tool. Unfortunately, this ransomware is still undecryptable, but the security professionals are trying to decode this malware and will release the decryptor soon. In this kind of situation, you should proceed with the removal of this dangerous computer virus.
In case, if you have an update backup copy, then you should not worry about the malware attack. After removing the PGPSnippet Ransomware completely and permanently from your infected systems, without making deal with criminal hackers and paying asked ransom money, you need to use backup copies for the restoration of all important files encrypted by this ransomware. However, if you don't have a reliable backups, then you may wish to try a professional data recovery software that might help you in retrieving some of your crucial system files. But before proceeding for file recovery steps, delete PGPSnippet Ransomware using a powerful anti-malware shield provided in the article below.
How To Remove PGPSnippet Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all PGPSnippet Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out PGPSnippet Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the PGPSnippet Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.