Technical Details on Worm.Esjey
Worm.Esjey threat creates the following malicious files:
File Name: %Homedrive%\Driver1\svcchost.exe
Detection Count: 95
What is Worm.Esjey? Brief Details on Worm.Esjey
Worm.Esjey virus falls into the category of Worm which is specialized threatening program that can replicate itself. This virus is packed as an executable DLL and it may be delivered to the user’s computer through junk emails and some Trojan-Droppers such as Calimocho and Rovnix. Although, users may be interested to know that PC worms like Worm.Esjey do not require instructions from the ‘Command and Control’ servers and the threat can run independently. This worm may be used by the criminal hackers in order to gather confidential information, files and data from an infected machine. The Worm.Esjey virus can spread via LAN and WiFi networks as well as virtual Local Area Networks (LAN).
What are the malicious payloads of Worm.Esjey?
The malware researchers report that the Worm.Esjey is equipped with the software exploits and the hard coded database of logins which might allow this malware to penetrate most firewalls and the sandboxes. The malicious payload of this worm is encoded with Yoda’s Crypter and it may prove to be hard to detect from any installed antivirus program. Some of its other versions are tagged as:
Worm.Esjey is known to inject few harmful codes into the winxcfg.exe and launch the clone of its malicious file if necessary. It may allow its handler to make some modifications onto the file system of an infected PC, and alter the variables in Windows Registry potentially. Samples of this worm have been found on the corporate servers across the globe which suggests that the Worm.Esjey malware is used for the corporate espionage actively.
Furthermore, the Worms like Picsys, Esjey, Arcdoor and Dunihi may be valuable to APT (Advanced Persistent Threat) groups that seeks to map and infect the targeted networks and the users should not rely on the endpoint protection solely. However, the system security authorities highly advise the computer users to make the first step in countering this worm by disabling the Autorun files in order to be executed without the proper runtime scan. In addition, employing the services of a reputable and trustworthy anti-malware tool that can help you to eliminate Worm.Esjey threat from your system completely and permanently.
How Your System Got Infected With Worm.Esjey?
- Downloading freeware from an unverified websites.
- Visiting any suspicious or hacked websites.
- Updating installed programs from redirected links.
- Inserts infected media devices and installing pirated software.
- Peer-to-peer sharing of files or playing online games.
How to Remove Worm.Esjey from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Worm.Esjey from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Worm.Esjey using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Worm.Esjey
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Worm.Esjey.
Step3: How to Uninstall Worm.Esjey from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Worm.Esjey and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Worm.Esjey and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Worm.Esjey and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Worm.Esjey and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Worm.Esjey Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Worm.Esjey to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Worm.Esjey named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Worm.Esjey entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Worm.Esjey, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.