Since last two days, I'm facing trouble while accessing my saved data. My system's per-installed anti virus program notified me with XRTN Ransomware infection. I have tried to delete it and even deleted its associated files from every where, but it keeps coming back. Can anyone help me in getting rid of XRTN Ransomware infection???
XRTN Ransomware is yet another risky ransomware that silently get added and is capable to degrade system's performance. This risky PC threat will encrypt all your important files and documents heading you towards data loss. Not only this, XRTN Ransomware will demand huge amount of money as a Ransom in order to make your files again accessible. It is designed and created by cyber crooks in such a way that it look exactly like genuine program as well claim even to upgrade system's performance. XRTN Ransomware is highly infectious and is capable to ruin your system's functionality. This nasty threat is capable to drain out all your non sharable information including banking details, passwords, IP address and even contact details by tracking browser's history. Beside that, XRTN Ransomware will use those data in executing other illegal activities. Thus, it is advised to take any quick action against XRTN Ransomware and thus make your system secured.
XRTN Ransomware come along with freewares downloaded from non authorized websites. Spam email attachments, using unsafe removal media, surfing unsafe websites, social sites are some common carriers of this nasty threat. XRTN Ransomware will block all the running and active programs aiming to make machine completely and thus make system completely non responsive. It will mix up its code in the start up section aiming to get reloaded every time after machine get reloaded. In the presence of XRTN Ransomware infection, you would observe numerous other modifications all over your machine and its default settings. What's more worst, XRTN Ransomware will turn off firewalls and will modify security settings aiming to make an easy way for other risky threat aiming to make it completely vulnerable.. Hence, we recommend user to remove XRTN Ransomware as soon as possible and thus make your system again accessible.
Remove XRTN Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove XRTN Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove XRTN Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To XRTN Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find XRTN Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove XRTN Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove XRTN Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the XRTN Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the XRTN Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.