Detailed Information on BrowserMe
BrowserMe is a name given to the nasty member of Trojan horse virus family which is used to make the systems load intrusive advertisements and lure PC users to click on them. It is named just after a malicious executable process “BrowserMe.exe”, which is one of the different EXE files which the Trojan uses to run. Although, the threat is seen promoted on pop-up windows as an application dubbed “Chrome_Font.exe” which needs to be installed on your machine if you intent to load web pages over the Internet properly. This Trojan virus is very similar to Adware.RekloPay and Trojan.Clicker MSIL.Agent in behavior. Moreover, it depends onto the presence of Chrome browser on an infected system.
Malware researchers revealed that the BrowserMe infection is especially designed to interact with the Google Chrome browser and run a shadow instance of the Internet browser, then open intrusive advertisements. The threat lure PC users to click on its displayed ads and claims pay-per-click revenue for its makers. As infected system users may guess, the new windows of Chrome do not appear onto the desktop. Furthermore, the windows opened by this Trojan can be easily spotted when you launch a process manager, such as Process Explorer, Windows Task Manager, System Explorer and the Process Hacker. Besides, the hidden Windows of the Google Chrome that the BrowserMe malware opens can be seen onto the list of processes and it should closed manually.
Resources Load by BrowserMe From Several Domains
Truly speaking, some of the websites loaded by BrowserMe Trojan are legitimate, but few others have a bad reputation over the Internet. However, you should note that the threat may be instruct you to download files from the remote malware server and run them a plug-ins or extensions. The virus can hijack most of your network and the hardware resources in order to facilitate its malicious operations. Computer games and video or audio editors may not run smoothly onto the machines affected by this malware.
Invasion Methods Used by BrowserMe Trojan Virus
In addition, downloading large media files and programs may result in fragmented content and the corrupted system files. Moreover, if the Chrome users visit one of the websites mentioned above or other compromised domains related to BrowserMe Trojan, then a harmful script will rewrite the web page in order to make it unreadable. Then after, the victimized PC users will be prompted to download an update font which supposedly will make the website readable again. Once the user click on displayed “Update” button, the malware executable file will be installed onto the system and when the user open this file, this infection will be installed silently without users knowledge. BrowserMe virus might hide its harmful files into the temp folder and then run portably.
Steps to Remove BrowserMe
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate BrowserMe
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by BrowserMe
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by BrowserMe and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by BrowserMe
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by BrowserMe and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to BrowserMe. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the BrowserMe related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by BrowserMe, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate BrowserMe Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the BrowserMe Running Processes.
- Right Click on BrowserMe and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove BrowserMe Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by BrowserMe and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete BrowserMe Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove BrowserMe, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!