I need help to uninstall Smart Driver Updater. Actually in recent time my computer has been attacked by this program where I am seeing endless pop-up on the PC that convince me to purchase bogus service by claiming as to help for updating my PC drivers. Although, recently I have updated my all PC's software, so I have ignored all its claim still it is appearing again on the PC and disturb me for browsing. Can you guide me to Eliminate Smart Driver Updater completely from my PC?
More Description about Smart Driver Updater
Smart Driver Updater has been confirmed to be deceptive potential unwanted adware program which is distributed by third party to harm many targeted PC all over world. In-fact, main motive of this program is to cheat you at your online activities for earing profit. Generally, it claims that to provide many useful service to boost your computer as it claims to provide automatic drivers update technology to manage your PC's drivers. Although it is bogus program that trick you to click its deceptive pop-up or links having sole purpose to generate revenue and download other malware on the PC.
In most cases, Smart Driver Updater infiltrates on the PC, by the help of freeware program, via spam emails attachment as well as while you visit any suspicious sites without investigating whether it is malicious or not. If unfortunately Smart Driver Updater invaded on the PC, then It will hijack your browser and start to display continuously its deceptive pop-ups ads that will claim to provide update service if you click its pop-up and links where if unfortunately you select its option, it will redirect you on the scam program and create many risk for you as it may enable to steal your sensitive information such not only login detail of your online banking but also gather your browsing habit to exploit your interest of browsing in future. It can slow down your computer by bombarding majority of nasty ads. Owing to this. You will be prevented to surf online on the browser with disturbance of this program. So, you should not delay for eliminating Smart Driver Updater from PC even you should delete Smart Driver Updater completely at once if possible.
Step:1 Remove Smart Driver Updater or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Smart Driver Updater or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Smart Driver Updater or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Smart Driver Updater
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Smart Driver Updater from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Smart Driver Updater
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Smart Driver Updater will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Smart Driver Updater
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Smart Driver Updater in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Smart Driver Updater
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Smart Driver Updater while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Smart Driver Updater Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Smart Driver Updater
How to Block Smart Driver Updater Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Smart Driver Updater exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Smart Driver Updater Removal