Introduction of BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer:
BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer is a nasty program which is capable to modify the entire browser. According to the researchers, it has been clear that it harms Windows System too much and makes lots of serious troubles to the victims. According to its malicious behavior, security experts classified it as a Trojan infection. Once dropped into the PC, it shows thousands of annoying pop-up ads that has “Social2Search” attribute name. It usually infects users all famous web browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc. This type of Trojan uses NeetFilter driver of directly add a DLL to the web browser's process for displaying the pop-up ads on the entire web browser. It is really very nasty which is able to record your online history, browsing activities and personal data for remote attacker. This threat has been specially designed by cyber hackers to gain money from user by performing several illegal activities. It unlocks your System backdoor for remote attacker to enter inside your PC and cause lots of serious damages. The risk level of this Trojan is very high. So you should delete BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer as quickly you can.
How BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer infiltrate in the Computer?
BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer uses various deceptive method to penetrates into your PC but some of them are as follows:
- Downloading of any freeware or shareware programs as a plug-in or extension for modern browsers.
- Visiting of any suspicious or malicious link, pornographic site etc.
- Open of any Spam emails that arrived from unverified or unknown sources.
- Playing of any online games.
- Use of any infected removable devices such as pendrive, data cable etc.
- File sharing over the P2P network.
Consequences Caused By BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer:
- Redirects desired pages and new tabs to the unknown or commercial websites.
- Add or delete some new registry entries automatically.
- Decreases the performance speed of System and Internet.
- Spread additional malicious infection into the targeted PC.
- BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer usually gathers your all vital information and send to the remote attacker.
Steps to Delete BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect BrowserModifier:Win32/Soctuseer.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!