What is GNL Locker Ransomware?
GNL Locker Ransomware is labeled as a file-encrypting infection that belongs to the ransomware family. It targets the all version of Windows OS such as Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and so on. It mainly encrypts the all personal documents of user by using RSA-2048 key and appending .locked extension at the end of the encrypted files. In order to encrypt the files, it ensure that the affected System user has no choice than purchasing a private key. After intruding into your PC secretly, it create an executable file in %AppData% or %LocalAppData% folder. The executable file automatically launched and start to scan all drive letter on your PC for encrypting your files. It is capable to encrypts your all file formats. After encrypting files, it leaves a UNLOCK_FILES_INSTRUCTIONS.txt ransom message on the desktop screen which offers to decrypt data after paying $250.
How does GNL Locker Ransomware intrudes into your PC
GNL Locker Ransomware is a malicious ransomware that usually distributed via Spam-emails which contains infected links or attachments. Once you open any emails messages that comes from the unknown persons and sources then it automatically intrudes into your PC without asking for your approval. Beside from this, it can also intrudes into your PC via freeware packages, torrent files, infected devices, file sharing network, corrupted or hacked sites etc.
What happens in your PC after intrusion of GNL Locker Ransomware
Once GNL Locker Ransomware successfully intrudes into your PC, it will display a red wallpaper with UNLOCK_FILES_INSTRUCTIONS.png that covers your all desktop screen and locked you documents with .locked extension. Beside this, it placed UNLOCK_FILES_INSTRUCTIONS.txt text file on the desktop that contains instruction on how to decrypt the encrypted or locked file. It ask you to pay the ransom amount in order to get the decryption key but you should not pay the ransom money because there is no any guarantee that you will get the decryption tool. In order to keep data and PC safe, it is very necessary to delete GNL Locker Ransomware as quickly you can.
Video – Remove GNL Locker Ransomware 24×7 Help Virus (Removal Guide)
How To Remove GNL Locker Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all GNL Locker Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out GNL Locker Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the GNL Locker Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.