Hubtaskhost.exe has somehow installed on my PC and fetching a lot of problem for me. My all important Doc files has encrypted due to it and computer is running very slow. When I tried antivirus it has disabled and showing up error message about my PC. Now, I am not getting any idea how to uninstall it. Please someone help to come out this problem.
Hubtaskhost.exe is malicious application which has been classified as Trojan virus. It has been delivered by cyber criminals to harm your computer so that it can earn money from you. It is so stubborn virus that has not eliminated easily by your antivirus software, if you don't perform full scan of your system it will stays on the PC for long time to harmful activities for getting benefit. You will have issue about your all Windows version have affected by it and computer will be being very running very slow performance. Usually, Hubtaskhost.exe invades into your computer hidden with your free application software such as audios, videos, games and PDF creator etc that you download or install from malicious sites without paying attention as well as when you click some spam emails.
Once, Hubtaskhost.exe gets invade into your computer, it will fetch a lot of infection on the PC that can mess up your computer fully as well as it will reset your existence registry with own registry so as to default open on the PC without your permission. It can replace your home page with its own web page. It can corrupt your routine application software as well as delete your important files without your permission to get benefit. Also it is able to generate pop-ups ads opening system backdoor and download other malware on the PC for getting profit. It can slow down your computer performance very poorly. So, you are recommended to delete Hubtaskhost.exe as soon as possible.
Steps to Remove Hubtaskhost.exe
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Hubtaskhost.exe
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Hubtaskhost.exe
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Hubtaskhost.exe and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Hubtaskhost.exe
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Hubtaskhost.exe and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Hubtaskhost.exe. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Hubtaskhost.exe related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Hubtaskhost.exe, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Hubtaskhost.exe Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Hubtaskhost.exe Running Processes.
- Right Click on Hubtaskhost.exe and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Hubtaskhost.exe Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Hubtaskhost.exe and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Hubtaskhost.exe Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Hubtaskhost.exe, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!