JS:Redirector-BXI is yet another hazardous malware detection for Windows based computers. Well, unlike other Trojan horse, this particular threat has the property of redirecting users from one site to another and hence it also causes severe browsing related issue for the user. Usually, it slithers into the compromised PC quite silently without even the users awareness and immediately comes in action as soon as you boot your system. JS:Redirector-BXI may penetrates in your PC by using highly deceptive ways such as software bundling, clicking unknown links, visiting pornographic sites, social engineering, peer to peer network sharing, using infected removal device, shareware and many more.
However, once JS:Redirector-BXI manages to activate itself in your program files then you are likely to witness some very devastating issues in your PC. It utilizes maximum system resources, create bulk of junk data, causes system crash, hard drive failure, damage all data files as with crucial system applications, files system corruption and many more. Moreover, it also makes several changes in crucial setting of victimized system and makes it vulnerable for fatal damage. JS:Redirector-BXI is fully capable to make your system completely useless and hence needs to be removed as soon as possible.
According to the security experts, JS:Redirector-BXI is one of the most hazardous system threat that not only causes destructive issues in your PC but it even puts your privacy at great risk. Actually, this particular Trojan virus can install remote host on your system and allows the cyber hackers to access of steal confidential information like IP address, browsing history, baning details, login ID and password, online money transfer report etc. from infected computer. In addition, it also create a bacdoor in your PC that leads other malicious threat in your computer. Therefore, it is recommended to get rid of JS:Redirector-BXI Trojan virus immediately form your Windows system.
Steps to Remove JS:Redirector-BXI
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate JS:Redirector-BXI
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by JS:Redirector-BXI
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by JS:Redirector-BXI and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by JS:Redirector-BXI
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by JS:Redirector-BXI and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to JS:Redirector-BXI. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the JS:Redirector-BXI related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by JS:Redirector-BXI, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate JS:Redirector-BXI Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the JS:Redirector-BXI Running Processes.
- Right Click on JS:Redirector-BXI and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove JS:Redirector-BXI Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by JS:Redirector-BXI and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete JS:Redirector-BXI Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove JS:Redirector-BXI, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!