“Last night my Windows 7 computer was working very fine but when I turned on my PC next morning. I command to open some files but my computer did not recognize the file format and failed to open. It shown a .txt file. Numerous of file had been turned Micro files with “.micro File Extension”. Now I am unable to access my important files. I don’t know how different type of files got a same .micro File Extension and encrypted. What can I to get rid of .micro File Extension and get back my files in their original file formats?”
The only means to find .micro File Extension with saved files on any computer, is activation of a ransomware infection. A ransomware infection works to encrypt saved files on an users computer with a very strong file encryption algorithm RSA 4096 and protected with a both public and private key. When you open any encrypted file then your computer doesn’t recognize this format and a .txt file will open which show you all instructions to restore your encrypted files. According to the ransom note, you have no any other opportunity to restore your files except make payment. .micro File Extension ransomware note says that that you will have to browse some web pages to get more specific instruction to get your private keys to unlock files. It also says to install tor-browser if your web browser is unable to browse these web pages. It also describe a personal page for the user to open in Tor browser. It also scare victims that after a certain time, the private keys will be deleted and the user will suffer from permanent loss of valuable files. .micro File Extension ransomware also invade any targeted online computer likewise any other malware. It may enter inside your PC through free bundled software installation, opening of Spam email attachment files or bring in by any other Trojan downloader infection. You can get rid of .micro File Extension ransomware like any other malware infection so you should not pay any ransom to cyber criminals and use removal steps as mentioned in this post to remove .micro File Extension from encrypted files.
Should I Pay Ransom or Not?
Security experts strongly advise never to pay ransom amount to hackers. Even if the payment is made, the request for decryption tool will be ignored and ultimately files cannot be decrypted. Rather users should focus on complete removal of TeslaCrypt 3.0 ransomware which has changed existing files with .micro file extension.
How to Restore .micro file extension Encrypted Files and Data
As far as restoring of encrypted files are concerned, TeslaDecoder can be used as it works to decrypt all variants of TeslaCrypt 3.0 and 4.0 including files that were encrypted due to .micro extension.
If you wish to download TeslaDecoder click on : http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/BloodDolly/TeslaDecoder.zip
However, if this does not work users need to look for data recovery options. Since the files cannot be decrypted even if TeslaCrypt ransomware infection is cleaned from the PC. If there is a backup of the data available, it can easily be restored. In case if its not there, data recovery software proves to be suitable for recovering and restoring encrypted data easily.
Instructions on How to Remove .micro File Extension From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .micro File Extension in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .micro File Extension using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .micro File Extension
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .micro File Extension related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .micro File Extension Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .micro File Extension related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .micro File Extension virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .micro File Extension infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.