What is Usr0 Ransomware?
Usr0 Ransomware is yet another crypto threat that mostly targeted the Russian users. It uses public geo-IP localization services to govern that it should encrypts all files in the compromised PC and injects with spam emails by carrying text that written in Russian. It always redirected victims to contact with [email protected] via an email and includes their personal details and number which can be found in the text ÐÐ°Ð¶Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð¸Ð½ÑÐ¾ÑÐ¼Ð°ÑÐ¸Ñ.txt that placed on the System desktop screen.
More Details About Usr0 Ransomware
The functionality of Usr0 Ransomware is very similar to Kozy.Jozy Ransomware and RarVault Ransomware. It uses the combination of RSA and AES ciphers to lock the all targeted data containers. On the analysis of code that used by this ransomware, it encrypts a wide range of file formats to lock the victim's databases and all personal details.
How Usr0 Ransomware intrudes and works on your PC?
Usr0 Ransomware usually attached with Spam-emails attachments. If your clicked on such an attachment then it intrudes into your PC secretly without your approval and starts to begin its malicious process. Along with Spam-emails, it uses other deceptive method to intrudes into your PC. once, Usr0 Ransomware successfully intrudes into your PC, it will locks your all data and make them inaccessible. It modifies your file names by appending the .Usr0 file extension at the end of file. Similar to other cryptothreats, it also targets the long list of file formats but highly targeted .DOC, .JPG, .DOCX, .XLSX, .XLS, .PPT, .SQL files formats. After encrypting files, it leaves a ransom note on desktop screen named ÐÐ°Ð¶Ð½Ð°Ñ Ð¸Ð½ÑÐ¾ÑÐ¼Ð°ÑÐ¸Ñ.txt which means Important information.txt. It forced you to contact with [email protected] email address and forced you to pay the ransom note to get the decrypter tool and to decrypt your all files. But you should know that there is no any guarantee that after paying paying you will get the decrypter tool because it is only used by cyber crooks to generate revenues from you. So it is advised by expert that you should delete Usr0 Ransomware from your affected PC immediately rather than paying ransom money to hackers.
Remove Usr0 Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Usr0 Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Usr0 Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Usr0 Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Usr0 Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Usr0 Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Usr0 Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Usr0 Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Usr0 Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.