know about .aaa File Extension? More Details on .aaa File Extension
.aaa File Extension is deemed as a ransomware virus that encrypts all your system files, including videos, pictures, words, excels and other data. The virus has been released by cyber criminals which ask you to pay a ransom to decrypt the computer's files and data. This threat can manage your machine by making changes on the system and adding rootkit codes once invades the machine. There's nothing that you can do to decrypt the files that are encrypted by this ransomware virus. So, paying for the decryption key is not only the best option.
.aaa File Extension is a malicious and powerful virus which is produced by the remote hackers that will invade your machine deeply and encrypt all your crucial files or data and demand ransom money in order to decrypt those system files. It renames the files with .aaa as file extension and hence one cannot access the existing files stored on the system. Even if you try rename the file, it cannot be accomplished. Usually, this ransomware virus locks up the PC screen and when you launch your web browser, it will display a warning message which tells you to pay the ransom money within 12 to 24 hours to decrypt your files otherwise your all system data will be vanished. Therefore, removal of .aaa File Extension virus is very urgent in order to protect more files to be encrypted.
Dangerous Properties of .aaa File Extension Virus
1. It will encrypt all your system files and data.
2. Demand ransom money to decrypt the data.
3. .aaa File Extension can also lock your computer.
4. Stops you from performing any tasks on your PC.
5. Removal of this virus is very difficult manually
Remove .aaa File Extension From Your PC
Step 1: Remove .aaa File Extension in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove .aaa File Extension using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To .aaa File Extension
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find .aaa File Extension related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove .aaa File Extension Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove .aaa File Extension related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the .aaa File Extension virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the .aaa File Extension infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.