Since couple of days I am unable to use my PC due to its sluggish behaviour and failure to respond to the commands. The CPU usage has exceeded and all resources are over consumed. What to do I don't know. There has to be some way out there as my antivirus is unable to quarantine infected files that are indicating Backdoor.Gazer malware on my PC. Any help would be highly appreciated.!
Backdoor.Gazer: Technical Description
- Discovered on :August 31, 2017
- Updated on : September 1, 2017
- Type: Backdoor Trojan
- Infection Length: Varies
- Systems Affected: Windows OS
- Distribution: Global
It is evident by its very name, Backdoor.Gazer is a dangerous backdoor infection that wrecks havoc on compromised PC. It is yet another malicious creation of hackers to steal confidential data and keystrokes that are being recorded when ever some sensitive information such as passwords, username etc are logged in. It has been crafted to infect Windows system all over the world. the infection has been reported to spread easily when users visit hacked websites, download malicious files and click on attachments and spam emails. Such is the noxious properties of Backdoor.Gazer that it remains hidden and renames itself to resemble legit application which is hard to be detected by AV vendors. As a result it remains on the system for long and carry out hazards to disrupt smooth PC performance. This is why it is essential to get rid of Backdoor.Gazer as early as possible.
Avenues When and How Backdoor.Gazer Enters PC
- Not updating Antivirus
- Running PC without proper Antivirus shield
- Downloading email attachments without scanning it
- installing program from non reputed sources and websites.
Hazards Caused by Backdoor.Gazer
- It steals confidential data and brings privacy to stake
- causes compromised PC to run exceedingly slow
- excessive consumption of CPU resources
- modifies registry keys to cause severe damage.
- Backdoor.Gazer controls Internet connectivity as it modifies DNS settings.
How To Remove Backdoor.Gazer ?
After knowing all hazards of Backdoor.Gazer, it becomes imperative to remove it quickly. Delaying any further can be a real menace. You can try manual steps or have it removed automatically from your PC.
Manual Backdoor.Gazer Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Backdoor.Gazer
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Backdoor.Gazer, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Backdoor.Gazer Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Backdoor.Gazer infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Backdoor.Gazer infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Backdoor.Gazer, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Backdoor.Gazer
How to View Backdoor.Gazer Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Backdoor.Gazer related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Backdoor.Gazer Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Backdoor.Gazer, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Backdoor.Gazer Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Backdoor.Gazer.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Backdoor.Gazer related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Backdoor.Gazer related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Backdoor.Gazer associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Backdoor.Gazer, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.