Help! I have a nasty virus facebookdigital.info pop-up on my PC. My browser is filled with lots of annoying pop-up ads. I was playing a online game on facebook and this happened. Now whenever I connect my PC to Internet, lots of facebookdigital.info pop-up started showing automatically on my computer screen. I have scanned my PC with AVG anti-virus but it says that your computer is clean. This is very annoying. I can't stop those ads. Please help me to remove facebookdigital.info pop-up from my computer.
facebookdigital.info pop-up is a nasty adware program that can get into your computer silently without your permission. This notorious threat can easily enter your system and can also infect your web browser without your knowledge. It can get into your system through suspicious websites, p2p file sharing, bundled freeware programs, spam emails, suspicious websites etc. Once inside your computer facebookdigital.info pop-up will show tons of annoying ads, pop-ups, banners, commercials etc. on your computer system. it will also redirect your web browser on websites. The main motive of this threat is to make illegal profit for its partners and creators. It only wants to earn commission on redirecting web traffic on sponsored websites.
facebookdigital.info pop-up is able to infect all Windows PC. It is able to work with all famous web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and many others. After getting installed into your system, this notorious threat will inject its malign codes to the registry editor of your Windows PC to get automatically started on your system. facebookdigital.info pop-up can also bring other threat and malicious programs on your system by redirecting your browser on infected websites. It can also steal your personal information by tracking your browsing history. You are advised to delete facebookdigital.info pop-up from your PC as early as possible. Go through this guide to remove this nasty threat from your system.
Learn To Remove facebookdigital.info pop-up Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete facebookdigital.info pop-up Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of facebookdigital.info pop-up Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to facebookdigital.info pop-up related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from facebookdigital.info pop-up On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing facebookdigital.info pop-up from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.