Initial Inspection on Gingerbread Ransomware
Gingerbread Ransomware is introduced globally by Russian Cyberpunks early in 2016 which is totally different from other ransomware. Unlike other cryptomalware Gingerbread combines XOR and RSA ciphers into a two layered encryption and locked files decryption is completely impossible without a specific decryption key which generated just after successful encryption. This key is also known as private or unlock key which is stored on hacker's secured Command & Control server. But public key will be visible to you as a unique ID, which is used to identify victims PC. The ransomware is designed to encrypt victims saved files on the system drives and connected external drives as well. Even, it can access your shared network files and encode all available files without letting you know. Afterwards, it shows ransom note in Russian language and demand payment of ransom while keeping your important files as hostage.
Ransom note text:
“Ð°Ð¹Ð»Ñ Ð·Ð°ÑÐ¸ÑÑÐ¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ñ! ÐÐ¾Ð»Ð¾Ð±Ð¾Ðº ÑÑÐµÐ» Ð¾Ñ Ð±Ð°Ð±ÑÑÐºÐ¸ Ð¸ Ð¾Ñ Ð´ÐµÐ´ÑÑÐºÐ¸, Ð¸ Ð¾Ð±Ð½Ð°ÑÑÐ¶Ð¸Ð»,
ÑÑÐ¾ Ñ Ð½ÐµÐ³Ð¾ Ð½ÐµÑ Ð´ÐµÐ½ÐµÐ³ Ð´Ð°Ð¶Ðµ ÐºÐ²Ð°ÑÑÐ¸ÑÑ Ð½Ðµ ÑÐ½ÑÑÑ! ÐÐ¾Ð»Ð³Ð¾ Ð´ÑÐ¼Ð°Ð» ÐºÐ¾Ð»Ð¾Ð±Ð¾Ðº, Ð·Ð°Ñ Ð¾ÑÐµÐ»
Ð¿Ð¾Ð²ÐµÑÐ¸ÑÑÑÑ – Ð½Ð¾ Ð½Ðµ ÑÐ¼Ð¾Ð³. Ð Ð²ÑÑ, Ð½Ð° ÑÑÐ¾ Ð¾Ð½ Ð¼Ð¾Ð¶ÐµÑ ÑÐ°ÑÑÑÐ¸ÑÑÐ²Ð°ÑÑ – Ð½Ð° ÐÐ°ÑÑ Ð¿Ð¾Ð¼Ð¾ÑÑ!
ÐÐ¾Ð¼Ð¾Ð³Ð¸ ÐºÐ¾Ð»Ð¾Ð±ÐºÑ, Ð° Ð¾Ð½ Ð²ÐµÑÐ½ÐµÑ ÑÐµÐ±Ðµ ÑÐ°Ð¹Ð»Ñ! ÐÑÐ¿Ð¸ÑÐ¸ Ð½Ð° ÑÑÐ¸ Ð´Ð°Ð½Ð½ÑÐµ, ÑÐºÐ°Ð·Ð°Ð²
Ð¸Ð´ÐµÐ½ÑÐ¸ÑÐ¸ÐºÐ°ÑÐ¾Ñ: ÐÐ¾ÑÑÐ° – [email protected]
ÐÐ´ÐµÐ½ÑÐ¸ÑÐ¸ÐºÐ°ÑÐ¾Ñ – k1
ÐÐ° Ð´Ð¾Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ð½Ð¸ÑÐµÐ»ÑÐ½Ð¾Ð¹ Ð¸Ð½ÑÐ¾ÑÐ¼Ð°ÑÐ¸ÐµÐ¹ – http://www.filesencoded.com”
Gingerbread Ransomware – Distribution
To assail on Windows system, this Ransomware is being distributed via massive Spam email campaigns that especially created to look like a genuine email from social friends, famous personality or big companies. When you see these kind of emails, they create suspicion and you download/execute them immediately to find out what this email is about. But as a result, your PC gets compromised instantly. Later on the exploit kit/payloads install Gingerbread Ransomware and some spyware apps on your system. Having the ransomware or spyware on your system puts your privacy and important files at a high risk.
Therefore, in order to safeguard your system 24/7, you need to install a multi-layered security software on your system. As of now, before start restoring your data, we suggest you to remove Gingerbread Ransomware from your Windows system immediately. Follow the instruction explained below:
How To Remove Gingerbread Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Gingerbread Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Gingerbread Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Gingerbread Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Gingerbread Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Gingerbread Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Gingerbread Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Gingerbread Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Gingerbread Ransomware related programs.
Remove Gingerbread Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Gingerbread Ransomware related entries.
Remove Gingerbread Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
A Video Guide To Get Rid of Gingerbread Ransomware Easily
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Gingerbread Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Gingerbread Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.