Brief Details on JapanLocker Ransomware
A new ransomware virus has been detected, this time it targeting the websites. JapanLocker Ransomware, the threat aims to display “LockeD” message that asking to contact with an e-mail address i.e. [email protected] in order to unlock the website. This malware is nothing new, but it shows that the ransom viruses are spreading in various forms and the domain locking kind is seeing more variants lately. Any one who has been affected by this ransomware should immediately notify all the users of compromised site. Although, it is not recommended to make any ransom payment at this point and to read the following post for more information on JapanLocker Ransomware and its complete removal instructions.
JapanLocker Ransomware : How it Infects?
Similar to the Drupal Ransomware, another threat of the same type, JapanLocker Ransomware threat may use an SQL injection type of the attack which is focused directly on attacking main database of targeted website. Since many domain publishers use MySQL, this opens up the opportunity for con artists to perform an SQL attack through multiple ways, like using language Python.
But, before the attackers infect a site, they must target it first, because on this it is dependent on the infection’s success. The cyber criminals, who have experience in this field, that is most likely the case with the JapanLocker Ransomware virus probably use a specific type of filtering websites using the special codes in Google. However, this set of tactics and commands is widely known as the Google Dorking and it aims to display to the cyber hackers different sites, based on their preferences, such as:
- Sensitive or secret files.
- Websites that have files with user name and password lists.
- Vulnerable plug-ins and other aspects of the website that can be exploited.
- Files that are containing financial or other confidential information which is not properly secured.
- The domains connected with multiple cloud-based devices.
- Error notifications.
- And the websites that have the Web Server info.
As soon as the hackers, like the ones behind JapanLocker Ransomware threat have designated the several domains, the narrow the list down by delivering requests to view the index of website and look for the vulnerabilities. They may also inject the scripts that look for vulnerabilities in an SQL and if those scripts return SQL error, this indicates that the domain can be attacked.
Working Principles of JapanLocker Ransomware
Moreover, JapanLocker Ransomware virus may contain an automated scripts that lock the different aspects of an SQL database, such as program interfaces of a site controlling its front end. As soon as the files that are related to this are discovered by ransomware virus, they may be encrypted or changed, and the threat may display it’s primary ransom notification. The data of the encrypted websites primary web pages which is displayed is also scrambled, and the demonslay335 (Michael Gillespie) reports the similar scrambled data to appear as a homepage after an infection by the JapanLocker Ransomware.
A Tutorial Video Guide To Get Rid of JapanLocker Ransomware
Remove JapanLocker Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove JapanLocker Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove JapanLocker Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To JapanLocker Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find JapanLocker Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove JapanLocker Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove JapanLocker Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the JapanLocker Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the JapanLocker Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.