What is ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware?
This year more than 20 variants of the Globe ransomware were unleashed, ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware is one them. It was released with a malvertising campaigns soon after AV vendors updated their virus definition database against the ‘.x2m File Extension ransomware’. This new variant is very unique so that security experts are still working on to release a free decryption tool. In the meantime, we’ve have created an alternative guideline which effectively removes ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware and restore corrupted files easily. Hence, we suggest you to read the article to an end.
If you are a victim, you may find ransom note dropped by this ransomware on your desktop in the form of a TXT, HTA and HTML formats containing ransom message. The cyber criminals behind ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware suggest victims to contact them via email—[email protected] in order to provide detailed information of payment. Unluckily, till date, decryption is impossible without the private key created during encryption stage, but as we mentioned, you still have a way to solve it. Paying the ransom and receive a decryptor via email is not recommended by security experts. Because it is not likely to happen considering the track record of its ancestors. Moreover, it is possible that your credentials and online banking details may get stolen which making payment to the ransomware creators.
The most popular AV vendors have detected the ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware and given the following names:
Therefore, to keep your files safe from being corrupted, you must keep a reliable Antivirus Installed on your PC. However, if you are a victim, remove ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware from your PC ASAP. Follow the instruction provided below.
Remove ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
An Effetctive Tutorial Guide To Delete ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.