Rector Ransomware is a nasty ransomware threat that get installed on your system and lock your entire system files. This malicious threat can easily infect any of the Windows PC and lock all the system files. After invading your machine, this nasty threat scan your computer for files and encrypt your files. It is able to lock all kinds of files such as Videos, Images, Audio, PDF files, Doc files, Text files and many others. Rector Ransomware is a nasty ransom virus that lock your files and ask for a ransom of $1000 for unlocking your system files. This dubious ransom virus has the main motive to cheat users and extort money illegally. It will ask you to pay the ransom amount within given time to provide decryption key.
Rector Ransomware also threat users that if you don't pay the ransom amount on time then your files will get permanently deleted. It will also scare users by saying that if you try to decrypt your files without private key then your files will get deleted and no one can recover those files. This nasty ransomware has been created by cyber crooks to lure innocent PC users and thug their money. Rector Ransomware normally attack your computer when you download bundled freeware programs on your computer, visit suspicious websites, open spam email attachments and share files on unsafe network. It is a harmful infection that can do major damage to your system. You should not be in hurry to pay the ransom amount. You are advised to read this guide to permanently delete Rector Ransomware from your system.
Remove Rector Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Rector Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Rector Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Rector Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Rector Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Rector Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Rector Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Rector Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Rector Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.