Recently from Some days ago I am facing problem where my PC has been attacked by Trojan.Mikey. I think it is very dangerous program that has deleted my all files on the PC and instead spread its own many corrupted files. This stubborn virus couldn't be deleted by my anitvirus software. Can anyone guide me to remove Trojan.Mikey completely? Thanks.
What is Trojan.Mikey?
Trojan.Mikey is considered as stubborn Trojan virus which inside deep into your PC and run many harmful process to destruct your computer. Generally, it enters on the PC silently as well as create many multiple files on the PC to harm it widely. It can download many other malware and also communicate with remote server to deliver many other risk on the PC. It is confirmed to be very tricky virus which usually enters automatically without asking your permission such as via lurking with freeware application, spam emails attachment and via porn links.
Once Trojan.Mikey infected your PC then, it will hide itself deeply into your computer and widely spreads its hazardous process to destroy your data and file. It will be very difficult to remove as you can't remove it easily by using simply antivirus software. It is capable of deactivating your Firewall and antivirus. It can make modification of registry entry for launching itself automatically on the PC. It can steal your confidential information either login Details and bank account number for earning many money. It will keep your CPU highly consumed and degrades PC dramatically. It shouldn't be allowed to stay for long time because as long as it stays on the PC, it will create further issue to harm your PC dangerously. So, you should delete Trojan.Mikey completely at once if you have found unfortunately it on the PC.
How to Remove Trojan.Mikey from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.Mikey from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.Mikey using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.Mikey
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.Mikey.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.Mikey from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.Mikey and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.Mikey and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.Mikey and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.Mikey and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Mikey Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.Mikey to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.Mikey named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.Mikey entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.Mikey, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.