Hello! I have a problem called Winfix 10 on my PC. It shows up many ads on the browser. My browser is performing very slow. When I use my MSE which has detected It but couldn't remove it successfully. Do anyone know how to remove it completely? Please help me!
More Information about Winfix 10
Winfix 10 is a suspicious browser extension that is harmful for Windows PC. It is used by cyber criminals to cheat users for earing money. Generally , it drop itself on the browser and control all these to affect your browsing activities. It is able to hijack your all browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari etc. commonly, it misleads users showing up bogus ads notification as blue screen of death and generates lots of money after trapping users on its scam program. Mostly, Winfix 10 enters on the PC by the help of freeware application, shareware and after clicking some spam emails etc.
After Winfix 10 having invaded successfully on the PC, it will injects its malicious codes on your Windows registry where your whole computer will be worsted and non responsive for you. It can collect your browsing activities and track your cookies to cyber criminals for earning money. It can steal your confidential information like online password, login ID and other sensitive information and transfer to the cyber criminals which can use such all information for their illegal work. It can slow down your browser in weired performance. So, incase if Winfix has been found on the PC please take decision to remove it urgently.
Step:1 Remove Winfix 10 or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Winfix 10 or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Winfix 10 or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Winfix 10
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Winfix 10 from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Winfix 10
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Winfix 10 will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Winfix 10
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Winfix 10 in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Winfix 10
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Winfix 10 while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Winfix 10 Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Winfix 10
How to Block Winfix 10 Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Winfix 10 exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Winfix 10 Removal