Hello friends! Few days ago, my computer has been infected by Ads by AdsKeeper. I do not understand how this threat came inside my computer. Any one please help me to get rid this threat from my computer permanently.
About Ads by AdsKeeper
If your web browser is randomly redirected to the http://adskeeper.co.uk advertisements then it is possible that your computer is infected with Ads by AdsKeeper threat. It comes with bundled of freeware application. After installation, it can start its malicious activities. It generates intrusive online advertisements and collect various information relating to user's Internet browsing activity. It was meant to deliver numerous advertisements in order to generate online profit. Advertisements displayed by AdsKeeper will vary as underlined text “Powered by AdsKeeper”, “Ads by AdsKeeper“, “Ad by AdsKeeper“, or “Brought by AdsKeeper“. This adware is installed on the computer as browser extension. Its targeting most used browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Ads is promoted as a legitimate tool that improves your Internet browsing. It comes in various titles and features but all are fakes so do not trust them.
Ads by AdsKeeper penetrates your computer from following ways
- It comes bundled with freeware applications.
- When you open any junk email attachments that is send by unknown sources.
- Clicking or visiting suspicious sites.
- Infected media device like pandrive or memory card.
- Updating existing programs or applications from redirected links.
Troubles made by Ads by AdsKeeper
Ads by AdsKeeper get inside your computer secretly and add cookies to steal your all confidential data such as bank account related details. Those details transfer to hackers for illegal purpose. Lots of unwanted pop-ups and ads display on your computer screen. Browser pop-ups appear which recommend fake updates or other software. It overly consume a large number of CPU usage to degrade your PC performance. This virus can damage targeted computer deeply by modifying default settings. It keeps updating and generating its rogue variants every day. It can also open a back-door to hackers for remotely access your computer. Thus it is very necessary to get rid Ads by AdsKeeper from your computer as soon as possible.
Step:1 Remove Ads by AdsKeeper or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Ads by AdsKeeper or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Ads by AdsKeeper or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Ads by AdsKeeper
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Ads by AdsKeeper from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Ads by AdsKeeper
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Ads by AdsKeeper will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Ads by AdsKeeper
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Ads by AdsKeeper in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Ads by AdsKeeper
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Ads by AdsKeeper while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Ads by AdsKeeper Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Ads by AdsKeeper
How to Block Ads by AdsKeeper Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Ads by AdsKeeper exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Ads by AdsKeeper Removal