Application.Downloader.AAB is a nasty Trojan virus that is mainly designed for infecting computer having Windows installed. The hackers have long enjoyed the instability of Windows OS computer and system users slack approach to web security. This dangerous Trojan can changes your desktop background and creates unknown web shortcuts on the desktop which results to appear random porn sites or advertisement web page. All pop-ups and advertisement shown by Application.Downloader.AAB are very tricky in nature. The tricky pop-up message which is related to security, shown by this Trojan is usually associated with non existent of security problem and try to compel computer users onto downloading malicious software programs.
In addition to that Application.Downloader.AAB runs automatically when you turn on your PC by altering a startup entry clandestine in the computer registry. It seems that the designer of this Trojan have much experience to deal with all type of illegal security programs. Trojan is designed in such a way that it can't detected by your installed anti-virus software on PC. Once you detect the Trojan infection on your PC, then immediately remove Application.Downloader.AAB from your computer as soon as possible. For longer it exist in your computer leads to creates more PC issues. Therefore, the computer expert always advised PC users for getting it removed at the earliest.
Steps to Remove Application.Downloader.AAB
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Application.Downloader.AAB
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Application.Downloader.AAB
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Application.Downloader.AAB and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Application.Downloader.AAB
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Application.Downloader.AAB and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Application.Downloader.AAB. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Application.Downloader.AAB related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Application.Downloader.AAB, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Application.Downloader.AAB Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Application.Downloader.AAB Running Processes.
- Right Click on Application.Downloader.AAB and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Application.Downloader.AAB Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Application.Downloader.AAB and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Application.Downloader.AAB Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Application.Downloader.AAB, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!