Gen.Variant.Kazy is a dangerous trojan program which can make the system behave quite strangely. The infection may get in the system while you are performing any unsafe browsing and downloaded certain files, made a connection with an already infected drive. The virus will make certain changes in the system without the permission of the user which will further allow to neglect the user permission in other critical tasks. The program will create a backdoor in the system through which remote will become possible by hackers. The developers of the Gen.Variant.Kazy trojan can easily detect the infected PC over the internet. They get in the system stealthily and make more modifications, the files saved in the drive can be seen by them and they transfer its copy to their server. The trojan provide full assistance and a normal user will be unable to stop any of its activity.
The Gen.Variant.Kazy program does not keep just to the infected system but can get spread to other systems connected to the same network. The hacker can take over the whole enterprise and will steal their data which can be pretty dangerous. The infection should be stopped at its first step so that it can not do further damage. The virus may leave all the system corrupted when its job is done and the hackers will not be tracked. So you should remove the Gen.Variant.Kazy program from the system.
Steps to Remove Gen.Variant.Kazy
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Gen.Variant.Kazy
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Gen.Variant.Kazy
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Gen.Variant.Kazy and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Gen.Variant.Kazy
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Gen.Variant.Kazy and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Gen.Variant.Kazy. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Gen.Variant.Kazy related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Gen.Variant.Kazy, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Gen.Variant.Kazy Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Gen.Variant.Kazy Running Processes.
- Right Click on Gen.Variant.Kazy and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Gen.Variant.Kazy Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Gen.Variant.Kazy and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Gen.Variant.Kazy Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Gen.Variant.Kazy, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!