““Interpol/FBI”” Ransom scam is a very dangerous program and many of the internet users have become victim of it. They generally visit the internet sites randomly and download some unknown software that has been promoted with attractive features but it contains a ransomware program with it. The program work apart deep inside the system to cause modifications and when it gets the full access of the files saved in the drive. The program will then start encrypting the files as using a strong encryption code. The user will realize later when he tries to access the files and is unable to do that. When the files of certain applications are locked then that particular application will not work. You must be wondering what has happened to your computer, you will soon receive a threat message from the developers of the ““Interpol/FBI”” Ransom scam that will tell you that you files have been encrypted and you should not try to unlock it by your own. You will have have to pay a good sum of money to get back the access of your files. When you pay the money you will get the decryption key that will unlock all. However if you don't pay the money or try to do it by yourself then the files will be locked forever.
You don't have to panic from the ““Interpol/FBI”” Ransom scam as you can remove it. You should not trust and pay them because even if you send them the desired amount there is no guarantee that you will get the key to unlock it . You should detect its activity early and try to remove it. It can be little difficult for you to do it by your own so you can use the automatic removal tool which will do the job for you. This can be really simple to remove ““Interpol/FBI”” Ransom scam from your computer.
Remove ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam From Your PC
Step 1: Remove ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the ââInterpol/FBIââ Ransom scam infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.