The Koobface is a virus program which can spread through cookies files of various suspicious sites. So if you have allowed cookies to be saved in your browser then there is a huge possibility that your system will get infected. The program includes different components which work to compromise with the security of the system. It can then send invite to the attackers who will detect the infected PC and modify it on their command. Now the infected computer can be used as a dummy for various tests or it can used to generate pay per click ads revenue. The whole process will take place without the permission of the user and this can not be easily stop. The Koobface can create much dangerous situation when it allows access of the internal and confidential data of the user saved in the drive. There will be a backdoor generated from where the data can be passed in and out of the computer.
The Koobface can also initiate certain processes which automatically download some other malware programs which can be then spread to other systems connected in the same network. This affects the users online experience and steals sensitive data from the network database as well. When the job of the hackers is finished the whole network can be shutdown and damage done is unthinkable. So you should remove the Koobface program from your computer now.
Steps to Remove Koobface
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Koobface
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Koobface
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Koobface and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Koobface
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Koobface and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Koobface. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Koobface related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Koobface, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Koobface Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Koobface Running Processes.
- Right Click on Koobface and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Koobface Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Koobface and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Koobface Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Koobface, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!