I got lots of unwanted ProWebi pop-up ads on my computer system. This nasty threat is showing annoying advertisements on my computer screen that also redirect my web browser on unknown websites. It is really a harassing situation. My anti-virus is unable to find any threat on my computer system. I have also tried AdwCleaner but is also unable to remove ProWebi ads from my PC. I am really going crazy due to those ads. Please help me to remove ProWebi from my PC.
ProWebi is a notorious adware program that can get inside your computer silently and show lots of annoying pop-up ads. This malign threat can easily get into any of your Windows computer without your support or consent and bring several unwanted problems on your system. Once your PC get infected by this nasty threat, it will bombard your desktop with tons of annoying pop-up ads. It is mainly intended to show sponsored advertisements on your computer boost the traffic of dubious websites and generate revenue. ProWebi also earns commission on redirecting the web traffic to its partner websites. This dubious adware can also inject its malign codes to the registry editor of your windows PC to get automatically started on your system when you boot your machine.
ProWebi mainly infiltrate your computer through bundled third party programs that you download from Internet and install on your PC. it can also get carried to your PC via spam emails and infected websites. When you visit any malicious website, then threats like ProWebi can easily get installed on your system without your knowledge. Once inside your computer, this notorious adware can also infect your working web browser to show those ads regularly on your computer system. It can infect all famous web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and several others. It can also track your web browsing history to steal your personal information and send to remote hackers. It can also create loopholes on your system for other threats and malware. You are advised to remove ProWebi soon from your computer.
Step:1 Remove ProWebi or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for ProWebi or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall ProWebi or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove ProWebi
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of ProWebi from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall ProWebi
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by ProWebi will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of ProWebi
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from ProWebi in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against ProWebi
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting ProWebi while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and ProWebi Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from ProWebi
How to Block ProWebi Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still ProWebi exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about ProWebi Removal