I got lots of unwanted ProWebi pop-up ads on my computer system. This nasty threat is showing annoying advertisements on my computer screen that also redirect my web browser on unknown websites. It is really a harassing situation. My anti-virus is unable to find any threat on my computer system. I have also tried AdwCleaner but is also unable to remove ProWebi ads from my PC. I am really going crazy due to those ads. Please help me to remove ProWebi from my PC.
ProWebi is a notorious adware program that can get inside your computer silently and show lots of annoying pop-up ads. This malign threat can easily get into any of your Windows computer without your support or consent and bring several unwanted problems on your system. Once your PC get infected by this nasty threat, it will bombard your desktop with tons of annoying pop-up ads. It is mainly intended to show sponsored advertisements on your computer boost the traffic of dubious websites and generate revenue. ProWebi also earns commission on redirecting the web traffic to its partner websites. This dubious adware can also inject its malign codes to the registry editor of your windows PC to get automatically started on your system when you boot your machine.
ProWebi mainly infiltrate your computer through bundled third party programs that you download from Internet and install on your PC. it can also get carried to your PC via spam emails and infected websites. When you visit any malicious website, then threats like ProWebi can easily get installed on your system without your knowledge. Once inside your computer, this notorious adware can also infect your working web browser to show those ads regularly on your computer system. It can infect all famous web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and several others. It can also track your web browsing history to steal your personal information and send to remote hackers. It can also create loopholes on your system for other threats and malware. You are advised to remove ProWebi soon from your computer.
Learn To Remove ProWebi Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete ProWebi Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of ProWebi Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to ProWebi related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from ProWebi On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing ProWebi from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.