You must know that Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] is a trojan program which is quite dangerous for your system. This can get in the computer through various sources like downloading a software from suspicious site, file sharing from infected drive or even from any spam email. You infected system will now become out of your hand which basically means that the program can automatically change various settings of your computer which is not easily reversed. The Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] does nullify any of the active security of the system and then create a backdoor. When this happens the situation becomes really critical as the hackers can get in through the backdoor and the control your PC remotely. They can easily access the files that are saved in your drive and transfer the copy of it to their server. Not only that they can secretly insert spyware and malware program in to the system for more malicious activity.
The Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] assist these programs to retrieve secret information about the user which included the user id and the password of the different online accounts. They can now be hacked and illegal activities can be performed through it. The problem is that its effects will seen when the damage has been done. So you need to be alert to any changes that has occurred in the system and remove the Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] program immediately to reduce the losses.
Steps to Remove Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj]
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj]
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj]
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj]
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj]. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj], certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] Running Processes.
- Right Click on Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj] Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Pup.optional.runner.a [Trj], Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!