Brief description about RAIDTest:
RAIDTest is a very nasty and stubborn trojan horse which is designed to onrush to computer user's in very bad way. How much problematic it is? is very difficult to say because it is specially designed to attack on the operating system. Once operating system is get compromised, your system will not work properly and some of your computer application will not open as it get infected by RAIDTest malicious trojan program. It will come in touch to your PC by spam mail messages, from insecure torrents, malicious webpages, infected links, ads, domain, freeware and shareware application, extra.
How RAIDTest trojan horse works?
First of all, what is RAID(Redundant array of independent disks) and RAID arrays emerge to the OS(operating system) as a single logical hard disk. RAID apply the technique of disk mirroring and disk striping, that involves partitioning each drives storage space into units ranging from a sector (512 bytes) up to various megabytes. The stripes of all the disks are addressed in sequential order . RAID has three level which is given below:
RAID 0: Disk striping
RAID 1: Disk mirroring
RAID 2: Error checking and correcting (ECC) information
RAID 3: This technique will use striping and allot one drive for storing parity information. The embedded ECC information will be used to detect errors.
In data storage system, disk mirroring is the copy of logical disk volumes onto independent physical hard disk in real time to assure continuous availability of storage spaces to perform various task simultaneously. It is most frequently used in RAID level 1 and A mirrored volume is a totally logical representation of different volume copies. Disk striping is the process of partitioning a block of data into blocks and distributing the data blocks across various storage devices like hard disks or SSDs(solid-state drives).
The RAIDTest trojan horse execute malicious Windows services automatically once it is activated in your system. After execution of malicious process, it will steal your system data such as version of OS, ISP(Internet service provider), IP(Internet protocol) address, search queries, webpages viewed most at the background. It will send the gathered data to remote server so that RAIDTest programmer will deliver spam advertisements and popups based on collected system data, through this, cyber crook will scam you with misdirecting message to make you lose lots of money. It will also displays spam alert popups which warns you about infection or error detected on your computer, focusing to let you download/install its malicious program or call a toll free number to get it fixed, which is a trick to earn quick money.
Manual RAIDTest Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of RAIDTest
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case RAIDTest, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove RAIDTest Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to RAIDTest infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of RAIDTest infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove RAIDTest, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete RAIDTest
How to View RAIDTest Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the RAIDTest related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access RAIDTest Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by RAIDTest, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide RAIDTest Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with RAIDTest.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide RAIDTest related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of RAIDTest related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View RAIDTest associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by RAIDTest, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.