Rootkit sirefef.spy is a trojan virus program that can produce some really dangerous situations for the user if it has infected his PC. The virus can infect the system through various ways, you may have downloaded or transferred any infected file in the system drive. Some free software programs have the trojan attached with it, if you opened an spam email and click on the given link then the trojan can get automatically downloaded in the system. It can then get in system files and modify its data that ultimately changes the setting and make the computer vulnerable for further attacks. The Rootkit sirefef.spy is specifically designed by the developers to perform spying purposes and for this it can create a backdoor in the system that secretly allows it to download some software that will assist it in its cause. It is also capable of transferring data to other destination through the same backdoor.
The backdoor created by Rootkit sirefef.spy has a multipurpose functionality as the hackers can use this open gate to enter in the system and control every process, application and hardware activity of the system. They can copy all their data to their server and can also completely wipe from your drive. If the user does not notice the changes in time then he will lose many other things like user id and password of all the personal accounts that were saved in the browser. You should not connect any other device to the infected system or the trojan will spread on that system too and the situation will get even more worse. You need to delete the trojan program from the system immediately which may seem tricky for some user, so the proper solution is to use an automatic removal tool that is provided here.
Manual Rootkit sirefef.spy Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Rootkit sirefef.spy
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Rootkit sirefef.spy, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Rootkit sirefef.spy Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Rootkit sirefef.spy infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Rootkit sirefef.spy infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Rootkit sirefef.spy, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Rootkit sirefef.spy
How to View Rootkit sirefef.spy Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Rootkit sirefef.spy related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Rootkit sirefef.spy Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Rootkit sirefef.spy, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Rootkit sirefef.spy Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Rootkit sirefef.spy.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Rootkit sirefef.spy related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Rootkit sirefef.spy related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Rootkit sirefef.spy associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Rootkit sirefef.spy, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.