The Trojan.Hepbot as the name suggests is a trojan program that can get in the system through any unsecured download, spam email or infected system. The program will then make unauthorized changes in the system which will be responsible for the degradation in the security standards which makes it easier to manipulate the registry files and further weakens the integrity of the system. It finally gets succeeded in creating a backdoor which is a passage through which the the data can pass without the permission of the user. The Trojan.Hepbot also allows other users to access you files in the drive and they can copy the data and transfer to their drive from the backdoor. The case can become really severe which they control the applications of your system and retrieve all the personal and confidential information about the user. So now not only the system resources but the other monetary resources are also in danger.
The Trojan.Hepbot causes many system related issues like the performance and other unusual activities that will hint you that something is wrong with your system you need to clean the computer. You will have to do it immediately as the infection can spread to other connected systems also. When the job of this malicious program is done it may leave the computer in completely unusable state. So act now and remove Trojan.Hepbot from your computer to make it work normally.
How to Remove Trojan.Hepbot from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan.Hepbot from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan.Hepbot using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan.Hepbot
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan.Hepbot.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan.Hepbot from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan.Hepbot and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan.Hepbot and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan.Hepbot and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan.Hepbot and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Hepbot Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan.Hepbot to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan.Hepbot named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan.Hepbot entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan.Hepbot, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.