CoinCube Miner : Threat’s Analysis
|Description||CoinCube Miner is used to mine crypto-currency and usage high system resources which results in the degradation of your PC performance.|
|Possible Symptoms||Use high system resources, performance degradation of system, other malware attacks, cyber theft, etc.|
|Detection / Removal Tool||Download CoinCube Miner Scanner to confirm the attack of CoinCube Miner virus.|
Get More Knowledge on CoinCube Miner
CoinCube Miner is a generic detection name which is used in the reference to a large family of cryptocurrency miners that are released in the second last month of previous year 2017. This mining tool is based on the XMRig Trojan virus, which RMV security experts had covered in year 2017 and continued to find new variants in the following year. It is delivered to the targeted computers with the help of bogus software updates like Java Player, Adobe Flash, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and the Windows fonts repository. At the time of writing this security article, the malware researchers have recorded number of variants identical to CoinCube Miner Trojan.
Cyber security professionals reported that the rise in price of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Monero is likely to be a reason for the continuous distribution of Mining Trojans in this year 2018. The variants of CoinCube Miner are slightly changed versions of the real program. Although, it is especially designed to perform some complex calculations and also verify the payments performed with famous digital money like Bitcoin, Monero, Litecoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin. The range of cryptocurrencies supported by this miner Trojan may expand considering it is relatively easy to obtain a copy of dangerous XMRig and the change it. Anti-virus vendors are known to flag the objects associated with CoinCube Miner using different detection names. Besides, it may run various unwanted processes into the Task Manager of affected computers.
How Does CoinCube Miner Trojan Infection Work?
Most importantly, you should understand that the criminal hackers behind this miner Trojan are using the file names associated with some legitimate products like CPU Check, Nvidia Experience, svchost.exe, and the Windows Update in order to minimize the risk of getting detected by installed anti-virus softwares. Even experienced system users may not distinguish a bogus one from a legitimate process while searching for the CoinCube Miner program.
Such type of malicious tools are used to hijack the affected computer's resources and can cause PC instability, high electricity bills and also the increased heat in the machine case. System users are highly advised to use a trusted anti-malware tool to find and delete CoinCube Miner along with its variants safely. It may create numerous folders, but they may be used by legitimate programs as well so that you should extremely exercise caution.
Steps to Remove CoinCube Miner
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate CoinCube Miner
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by CoinCube Miner
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by CoinCube Miner and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by CoinCube Miner
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by CoinCube Miner and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to CoinCube Miner. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the CoinCube Miner related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by CoinCube Miner, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate CoinCube Miner Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the CoinCube Miner Running Processes.
- Right Click on CoinCube Miner and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove CoinCube Miner Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by CoinCube Miner and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete CoinCube Miner Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove CoinCube Miner, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!