XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware – Newly Detected Ransomware Variant
XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware is a new variant of file encrypting ransomware infection that has been detected by the team of malware researcher on September 17th, 2017. It infects Windows PC in a wide range, doesn't matter what OS you are using because it is compatible with all version of Windows OS such as Windows XP, Server, Vista, Me, NT, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and so on. Like the traditional ransomware, it encodes almost all targeted data and displays the ransom note to scare victim and extort money from them. The creator of such a ransomware employs the same methods as FBI Header Ransomware and FBI Moneypak Ransomware campaigns.
The Infection Flow of XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware
Once, XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware gets inside the Windows System successfully, it scans PC and makes the list of all targeted files on the accessible memory storage and primary system drive. The file encryption procedure of this ransomware is mainly followed by generating the pair of unique decryption and encryption keys. After the depth analysis, researcher claimed that it uses strong AES-256 cipher algorithm to target or encrypt the data. The infected users can easily identified it's presence because it renames the original filename by appending ".XmdXtaxX" extension at the end of the targeted System file. It makes targeted data inaccessible or unreadable. Once performing the file encryption procedure completely, it generates a ransom note as a program window that mainly feature with the 24 hours countdown timer. The text presented in the ransom note of XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware is as follows :
In-Depth Analysis of Ransom Message Displayed By XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware
By displaying ransom message, hackers encourages victims to pay ransom fee. Paying the ransom fee is only encourage the creator of XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware to promote their evil intention. A team of threat investigators found that victim can easily trick this ransomware into decrypting your valuable data without paying any ransom fee. You have to enter only "666444QSW6842QSW666444" (without the quotation) in the text box labeled as "Enter key here" and then after click on the "Decrypt" button. The file recovery is also possible using the backup copies but to keep data and PC safe for the future damages or harms, user should delete XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware from their infected Windows machine instantly.
Channels Used By XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware To Infect Windows PC
XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware has been identified by malware researcher as a notorious ransomware infection that secretly lurks inside the PC without user awareness. Most of the cases, it gets carried along with spam campaigns. When you open any spam messages or junk mail attachments that arrived in your inbox from the unknown sender then it secretly lurks inside your PC without any notice. Besides, it can also tricked your Windows PC when you use any untrusted sources to download any cost-free packages by opting default or typical option, visit any gambling website, use any infected external media devices, share file over the peer-to-peer network etc. It's con artists always changes it's methods to victimized the Windows System but mainly spread via the Internet.
Remove XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the XmdXtazX File Extension Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.