Ransom.Nagini – Initial Analysis
PC security experts have found a latest Trojan, known as Ransom.Nagini, was first seen on September 28, 2016. it is especially programmed to encrypt saved file having specific extension like .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .bmp, .png, .exe, .pdf etc. When this Trojan gets executed, creates the entries in Windows Registry as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Voldemort=%CurrentFolder% in order to gain abilities to start malicious process without any consent.
Ransom.Nagini is a very notorious malware infection which makes things very difficult in using PC. Though, it is an auto-executable program, it will automatically install itself on your system and does not need any manual help to execute its malicious process. Additionally, To block security settings, it corrupts all .exe files running in your system including Pre-installed Antivirus applications. It hooks itself with legitimate applications that not only help this trojan to stay undetected for long time but also makes it easier for other viruses to fall on your PC. And the most worst thing about this Trojan virus is that it connects your PC to Hacker’s remote sever and allows the hackers to ID/Password, Personal files, Browsing history, Bookmarks, location, IP address. Hence, if this deadly Trojan horse infection stays for a long time on your system then it will make your system very slow by creating a bunches unexpected troubles.
Ransom.Nagini – How does it work?
Ransom.Nagini belongs to the destructive Trojan horse family. Unlike typical Trojan viruses, it terminates the processes of Windows explorer and Windows Task manager in order to disallow victims from accessing their files. Despites, this crypto Trojan is integrated with advanced cryptographic algorithm. Hence, it is basically a Trojan virus which encrypts users data and changes desktop wallpaper as well. By seeing the changed wallpaper, we must say that the criminal developers are the big fan of Harry Potter Movie cause the wallpaper shows the face of main villain. Moreover, presence of the trojan will bring severe devastating issues in your PC without any warning or notification.
Ransom.Nagini – Distribution
Research report shows that Ransom.Nagini mostly gets spread through the network and easily slither inside the targeted computer by using various social engineering and other hoax tactics. Mostly it has been noticed that PC users download this trojan after getting convinced by unknown people. It may fall on your system while downloading Spam email attachment, freeware application, via drive by downloads from Phishing websites. However, it may also infiltrate your computer with infected USBs like hard drive, pen drive, flash drive, from adult dating/ porn sites, social media network like Facebook, Twitter and peer to peer platform as well.
Therefore, we recommend all victims to uninstall Ransom.Nagini from their PCs and recover their files using following instruction:
Ransom.Nagini removal (easy and free guide)
How To Remove Ransom.Nagini From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Ransom.Nagini Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Ransom.Nagini related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Ransom.Nagini From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Ransom.Nagini related items from list.
Uninstall Ransom.Nagini From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Ransom.Nagini related items from the programs list.
Delete Ransom.Nagini From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Ransom.Nagini related programs.
Remove Ransom.Nagini Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Ransom.Nagini related entries.
Remove Ransom.Nagini Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Ransom.Nagini virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Ransom.Nagini Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.