Report on [email protected] Ransomware
A latest variant of Crysis ransomware has been discovered, known as [email protected] It is a kind of ransomware Trojan was first seen in March. From the past few months, a number of Crysis ransomware variants have been detected on a thousand of PCs. The ransomware is mostly targeting PC users in India, United States, Spain, Brazil, said security researchers. Attacking complexity of the [email protected] ransomware is very simple. It mostly target Windows PC users via Spam emails and Spamming websites. After compromising your computer, it encodes your important files stored on local drives, Flash Drives or Network drives without letting you know. Afterward, it displays ransom note and demands 400 to 900 Euro in order to give decryption key. Though, this new variant uses an asymmetric file encryption algorithm which can not be decrypted easily. Till now there is no decryptor that can help you to decrypt the encoded files by this ransomware.
Computer security analysts strongly suggest not pay such as huge ransom fee to them, cause there is no assurance that Attackers will definitely help to restore your files after getting paid. Since, they are anonymous you file any legal charge against them. Thus, it's better to use alternative method to restore your original files.
How to be sure that [email protected] has infected your computer?
You may find ransom note as text and html files left along with each directory where encrypted files exist.
Desktop wallpaper gets changed and displays ransom note asking you to pay ransom fee through TOR payment system using Bitcoins prepaid cash card.
Most of all file may have become totally useless and inaccessible.
Installed Security software may throw error alerts/notification when the ransomware tries to make significant change like registry key editing/ taking Admin privilege etc.
[email protected] is basically programmed to encrypt following type of files:
.odc, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt, .docm, .docx, .doc, .odb, .mp4, sql, .7z, .m4a, .rar, .wma, .gdb, .tax, .pkpass, .bc6, .bc7, .avi, .wmv, .csv, .d3dbsp, .zip, .sie, .sum, .ibank, .t13, .t12, .qdf, .bkp, .qic, .bkf, .sidn, .sidd, .mddata, .itl, .itdb, .icxs, .hvpl, .hplg, .hkdb, .mdbackup, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .map, .wmo, .itm, .sb, .fos, .mov, .vdf, .ztmp, .sis, .sid, .ncf, .menu, .layout, .dmp, .blob, .esm, .vcf, .vtf, .dazip, .fpk, .mlx, .kf, .iwd, .vpk, .tor, .psk, .rim, .w3x, .fsh, .ntl, .arch00, .lvl, .snx, .cfr, .ff, .vpp_pc, .lrf, .m2, .mcmeta, .vfs0, .mpqge, .kdb, .db0, .dba, .rofl, .hkx, .bar, .upk, .das, .iwi, .litemod, .asset, .forge, .ltx, .bsa, .apk, .re4, .sav, .lbf, .slm, .bik, .epk, .rgss3a, .pak, .big, wallet, .wotreplay, .xxx, .desc, .py, .m3u, .flv, .js, .css, .rb, .png, .jpeg, .txt, .p7c, .p7b, .p12, .pfx, .pem, .crt, .cer, .der, .x3f, .srw, .pef, .ptx, .r3d, .rw2, .rwl, .raw, .raf, .orf, .nrw, .mrwref, .mef, .erf, .kdc, .dcr, .cr2, .crw, .bay, .sr2, .srf, .arw, .3fr, .dng, .jpe, .jpg, .cdr, .indd, .ai, .eps, .pdf, .pdd, .psd, .dbf, .mdf, .wb2, .rtf, .wpd, .dxg, .xf, .dwg, .pst, .accdb, .mdb, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xlk, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .wps.
Though, to protect your files and credential informations which are stored on your System, you have to keep an efficient Antivirus Installed on your PC. Even, you should delete Spam or Junk Emails which are sent from Unknown sender. Those emails may contain Payload/ Exploit kit of [email protected], can penetrate your PC instantly. We also suggest you not to open suspicious links, it can redirect to a website serving goldman ransomware as drive by download. Hence, be cautious while surfing websites.
However, all victims are advised to get rid of [email protected] and restore their files using following guide:
How To Remove [email protected] From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End [email protected] Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the [email protected] related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall [email protected] From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] related items from list.
Uninstall [email protected] From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete [email protected] related items from the programs list.
Delete [email protected] From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all [email protected] related programs.
Remove [email protected] Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all [email protected] related entries.
Remove [email protected] Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the [email protected] virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free [email protected] Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.