Infostealer.Boyapki.E – Brief Info
Source code analysis of Infostealer.Boyapki.E reveals that it is a Trojan, designed to redirect network traffic from specific website in order to purloin credentials from targeted computer and open up a loophole as well. The Trojan was discovered on April 25, 2016. Security Researchers say that Infostealer.Boyapki.E have infected all version of Microsoft's Windows operating system. It allows Attackers to access your PC remotely to perform malicious task like uploading an executing files, stealing credentials from password repository, alerting system's security settings etc. What's more, the Trojan highly consumes your PC's resources and extremely degrades performance. Afterwards, applications performances become unstable and slow as snail, system errors start appearing constantly, lurk victims to a website serving other malware via drive by downloads.
Once your system gets infected with this Trojan, other Attackers get ability to control your compromised computer simply by searching for computers on a network using a port scanner and finding ones. Even, if you scan your system with Antivirus Infostealer.Boyapki.E hooks itself to a legitimate program and communicates as legit process with Antivirus. Hence, Antivirus don't delete it from your system.
Infostealer.Boyapki.E – How Does It Spread?
Even, if you have your PC protected with a multi-layered security software you and updated firewall, Infostealer still can infiltrate your PC using some kind of smart social engineering tactics. Primarily, it fall on your PC by downloading/installing suspicious files. Besides, Infostealer.Boyapki.E also penetrates Windows system by:
Clicking on the hoax links which might display attractive offers.
Visiting the Phishing website seeded wit exploit kit/payload code.
Downloading/executing email attachments that may look unexpected/suspicious.
Connecting to unprotected Wireless network.
Plug in infected USB flash drives into your system etc.
Harmful Impacts brought to your PC by Infostealer.Boyapki.E
Once activated, it generates following registry entry to set itself to system's startup:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\"Start Page"="www.naver.com"
Infostealer.Boyapki.E uses one or more of the following Qzone profiles to save its C&C server addresses:
After opening backdoor on your infected PC, the Trojan connects to one or more of the following C&C servers to upload stolen credentials and download scheduled updates :
In addition, it Redirects Internet traffic from legitimate Websites to Phishing sites that are operated by Attackers. It also archives your files and folders and protect them with password to you couldn't access them.
Therefore, all victims who are curious, advised to terminate Infostealer.Boyapki.E Trojan from their Windows ASAP. Kindly, follow the Trojan removal guide thoroughly:
Steps to Remove Infostealer.Boyapki.E
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Infostealer.Boyapki.E
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Infostealer.Boyapki.E
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Infostealer.Boyapki.E and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Infostealer.Boyapki.E
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Infostealer.Boyapki.E and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Infostealer.Boyapki.E. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Infostealer.Boyapki.E related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Infostealer.Boyapki.E, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Infostealer.Boyapki.E Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Infostealer.Boyapki.E Running Processes.
- Right Click on Infostealer.Boyapki.E and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Infostealer.Boyapki.E Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Infostealer.Boyapki.E and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Infostealer.Boyapki.E Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Infostealer.Boyapki.E, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!