Detailed Information on JackPot Ransomware
JackPot Ransomware belongs to the family of cryptomalware and the threat is being deployed to the users computer through corrupted documents. Samples of junk emails are recovered by the malware researchers who revealed that the ransomware is introduced to the system through corrupted macro which is embedded into the PDF and DOCX files. The system users are invited by the developers of this ransomware virus in order to download a file related to an urgent comment posted on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit. If the computer users has misfortune to open the document laid with JackPot Ransomware, then it will be installed on the Temp folder and then begin the encryption process immediately. Although, this ransomware is quite same as a SZFLocker Ransomware virus.
The system security analysts report that JackPot Ransomware is using an AES-256 cipher in order to encode the targeted system files. We are aware of this ransomware which aiming to lock the standard data containers that used to store audio, videos, images, Ebooks, presentations and spreadsheets. Samples of this nasty ransomware threat suggest that it doesn't lock the PC files which is larger than 30 MB. The research report shows that the malware can interrupt the operations of the servers, just because it is especially designed in order to encrypt the database, .INI files and index files used to store settings. The JackPot Ransomware virus is likely to prevent the PC users from accessing the content in data containers with the following extensions:
Moreover, JackPot Ransomware virus is fashioned according the model used by the noxious threats like shift File Extension Ransomware and .thor File Extension Ransomware. This malware is programmed to append 'coin' extension onto the encrypted files. For example, 'rockingtune.mp4' will be transcoded into 'rockingtune.mp4.coin' and appears as a white icon in Windows Explorer. The creators of this ransomware virus seems to use HTA app in order to deliver the ransom note, that is a practice introduced with Lock93 Ransomware. The message of this ransomware threat reads:
Besides, JackPot Ransomware virus is as effective as the nasty Hucky Ransomware and makes entry in MS Config utility in order to gain the boot persistence. In that way, the malware can run onto next system restart and then supposedly decrypt the users files and data, the payment is made onto the address listed on ransom note. Security analysts point that the address provided by this ransomware threat is not a standard Bitcoin wallet. If you are to pay 3 BTC, then you will need to buy 2062 US Dollar worth of BTC while 3LTC are worth $12.
It is totally unclear how infected PC users are supposed to pay ransom with the Bitcoin to a Litecoin wallet, and we suspect that the developer of JackPot Ransomware virus is still testing the program. The security experts do not encourage paying the ransom money since the campaign of this ransomware is fully aimed at encrypting the users files and data and receiving payments, not at making the computer users satisfied with the decryption service. However, deleting JackPot Ransomware threat should be processed by the credible anti-malware software and backup vital images that can help you to rebuild your file and data structure.
Remove JackPot Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove JackPot Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove JackPot Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To JackPot Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find JackPot Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove JackPot Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove JackPot Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the JackPot Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the JackPot Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.