What do you know about ViiperWaRe Ransomware?
According to the cyber security experts, ViiperWaRe Ransomware is a newly detected file-encoder virus which was first reported on October 15th, 2017. It is based on an open-source HiddenTear ransomware project and similar to many other ransomware threats which was identified previously by the cyber security researchers. The malware is mainly distributed with the help of spam email attachments based on the reports of affected computer users. In such malicious junk emails, the users are suggested to run a macro embedded in a corrupted file attached to those mails. Needless to say, the developers of such dangerous threats are not the new ones, and they have been active since the attack of one of the most noxious ransomware threat i.e. Lock Ransomware.
Malware researchers revealed that ViiperWaRe Ransomware is a kind of independent cyber-threat which mainly targets the regular Windows users. It is especially programmed by the team of criminal hackers in order to encode the crucial files, such as images, documents, text, videos, eBooks, spreadsheets, presentations and databases that are stored on the local drive of compromised system. The ransomware is identified to infect the latest version of Windows operating system. Once it gets inside the targeted machine, the threat deletes the recovery files which is created by Windows commonly used to retrieve data when the users experience PC malfunction or require to recover any of their important files. ViiperWaRe Ransomware mainly targets the files associated with family videos and images, as well as the important MS Office documents.
Technical Description on ViiperWaRe Ransomware
After successfully encoding your system files, it displays a program window named 'ViiperWaRe – Ransomware' which offers affected users to select their preferred language for the ransom message. The cyber criminals responsible for this vicious attack suggest the PC users to purchase a decryption tool which is needed for the data restoration. As a result, the creators of ViiperWaRe Ransomware demands 20 EUR for providing the decryption key. Besides, the file encoded with this file-encode virus appends with a specific file extension known as 'viiper'. However, you need to pay ransom money because the restoration of your important system files is not guaranteed. In such circumstances, you should avoid paying asked ransom fee and look for a credible software for the complete removal of ViiperWaRe Ransomware and try to recover data using backup copies.
A: How To Remove ViiperWaRe Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill ViiperWaRe Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the ViiperWaRe Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall ViiperWaRe Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all ViiperWaRe Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore ViiperWaRe Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing ViiperWaRe Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing ViiperWaRe Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by ViiperWaRe Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.