IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan Description :-
IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan is a newly detected Trojan infection which has been detected by the some well known anti-spyware software including Avast, MSN, and Norton. It is a detection for the infected Windows device driver file. This Trojan uses a highly advanced technology that hides its presence by appending the malicious code to driver files and legitimate System files. It is designed by cyber hackers to mess up the targeted PC completely and infect the other Systems around the global world via Internet. Do you know what makes it special from other Trojan? It has the ability to display only the real process executing, hiding its presence completely from the user view. This threat has the ability to disguise itself as a part of the Windows files and make it very difficult for the security tools to delete it.
How IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan Lurks and Operates on your PC?
Being a dangerous Trojan infection, IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan usually break into your PC when you downloading and installing any freeware packages or piece of stuff from the Internet, visiting some porn or malicious sites, clicking on any suspicious ads, sharing of a file over the Internet etc. It uses various distribution channels to spread its infection but the main source of the infiltration is the Internet. If you really want to keep your System away from such an infection then you need to pay attention carefully while surfing the Internet and performing any online activities.
Once IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan successfully installed into your PC, it will drop various malevolent files on the System. It automatically alerts the window registry entries, system files etc and damages the vital System files. By doing this, it has the ability to stops the System process, functionality of anti-virus programs and block the antivirus scanners from the detection of its notorious code. After intruding into your PC, you may encounter with the blue screen of death error message and restart problems frequently which causes the undesired hardware issues and data loss. It can secretly connect you with remote servers and download more malicious threat to further compromise your PC. The worst things about this Trojan is that it take over the System and steal victims all valuable data which as a result release the privacy. To keep data for future, the user should delete IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan immediately from the compromised machine.
Steps to Remove IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan Running Processes.
- Right Click on IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove IRP Hook Rootkit Trojan, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!