Deep Research on JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado
A latest cryptomalware known as JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado is back in the game, is targeting Window Operating System. Previously, some well-known security vendors have been identified it as Locky Ransomware as well. JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado encodes files saved on the victim's computer, keeps files as hostage and demands payment of ransom in order to obtain decryptor key (also known as private key). The ransomware uses combination of an AES-128 and RSA-2048-bit file encryption algorithm to encrypt files -which are nearly impossible to break out. Anonymous Attackers may claim that private key can decode all the encoded files, but we listen to the victims, private key didn't restore their original files.
This variant of Locky Ransomware rename encrypted files with random Alpha-Numeric characters and appends .locky extension to them. Name of encrypted files may look like A65091F1B14A911F0DD0E81ED3029F08.locky. The new name contains [UniqueID][Identifier].[Signature Extension].
Harmful Consequences Of JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado
Since, it is a destructive ransomware program, it is programmed to destroy your important files which can be stored on your local drives, external drives including mapped network drive. Once it encrypts your files, they become completely inaccessible and useless. Despite this, the ransomware installs other DDoS attacker programs, spyware and malware as well. Afterwards, it takes control over your system's administrative actions in order to perform a number of hazardous activities. It opens up loophole (backdoor) on your PC to provide remote access to the Attackers. Once, they obtain remote access control on your PC, Dooms day will begin in your normal life. Probably, attackers will purloin your private photos, videos, official documents, online banking transaction details, email accounts ID/Password. They might hack your social accounts and read your text message and steal your other sensitive data without your knowledge. Later on, they will blackmail you to pay a huge amount while keeping your sensitive data as hostage. Even, they might force you to participate in criminal activities which can ruin your life.
Moreover, JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado use your PC as proxy to infect your home-computers and other devices that are connected to the same network. It uses your PC to communicate with its developers by connecting to Command and Control servers. It might use your Internet connect to download scheduled updates as well. And the worse thing, the ransomware can sell you confidential informations to other Cyberpunks.
How to keep your PC safe from JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado attack?
To keep your PC safe, you need to be a very curious about your PC. Hence, it is advised to have a multi-layered security program installed on your PC and home-computers as well. You also need to keep your PC's Windows OS updated from Microsoft official update center. Besides, do not forget to turn on your Windows defender and Firewall.
Furthermore, you should always remember that JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado put foot on your system mostly via Spam emails, from Phishing websites, Exploit kits and Trojanised downloader. So, do not execute suspicious attachments on your PC that can be a payload or exploit kit. Do not open suspicious links that come along with attractive offer like lottery winner, 90 % discount coupon, job interview in multi-national company etc. if you follow the given advise, you PC will be safe.
However, all victims are advised to terminate JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado from their infected Windows system immediately. Kindly, follow the ransomware removal guide carefully which is given below:
How To Remove JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the JS/Locky.AY!Eldorado infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.