Keylogger.Fs0ciety – What is it?
Keylogger.Fs0ciety is sneaky program that logs each keystrokes on a keyboard and saves this credentials into a file without victim’s awareness. Once it collects necessary amount of data then it submit that file to its C&C server. Now it completely depends on the server operator that what to do with your credentials. This keylogger also take snapshot and other recording techniques to purloin data wanted by remote hacker. Therefore, it is deemed as a deadly malware infection that harms almost popular versions of the Microsoft’s Windows operating system. It has been flagged as a nightmare for numerous PC users globally. Primarily, this Trojan horse get into the PC without your awareness.
It usually takes advantage of vulnerabilities in some out of date (means not updated/ old version) drivers and software on your PC weakness to get inside stealthily. In some other cases, blind click on Trojanised links, or open spam email attachments may get infected your PC with this Trojan horse. Additionally, some free programs released by Cyberpunks over the Internet will also contain trojan droppers or exploit kits that can install malware on your system instantly. Therefore, you should to be cautious when you are surfing Internet.
Keylogger.Fs0ciety – Malicious activities initiated by it
On comprised PC, Keylogger.Fs0ciety logs keystrokes through the keyboard.
Takes snapshots of your activities over the Internet at fixed time intervals very silently.
Tracks your activities by logging window titles, list of launched programs, and other specific informations that can be used against you.
Steals user-names & passwords of various accounts, credit card numbers and other financial informations.
Captures online chat/email conversations done through instant messengers.
Makes unauthorized copies of outgoing/incoming emails without letting you know.
Saves all stolen private information into a file on a hard disk, and then silently transfers this file to a remote hacker
Watch Video Tutorial – To Get Rid of Keylogger.Fs0ciety For Free
Keylogger.Fs0ciety may use following ways to invade your PC:
This keylogger might be installed on the Windows PC with the help of Trojan droppers, payloads, exploit kit or other malware. It gets into the Windows system without your knowledge. So you need to be very curious while opening Spam email attachments or downloading bundled up files from Torrents or similar platform. Such a keylogger does not has any uninstall/remove functions and can be controlled only by its creators.
Therefore, to safeguard your system, you need to install a reliable Anti-spyware program installed and up-to-date on your system. However, as of now, it is quite necessary to follow the given instruction and remove Keylogger.Fs0ciety from your system ASAP.
Steps to Remove Keylogger.Fs0ciety
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Keylogger.Fs0ciety
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Keylogger.Fs0ciety
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Keylogger.Fs0ciety and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Keylogger.Fs0ciety
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Keylogger.Fs0ciety and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Keylogger.Fs0ciety. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Keylogger.Fs0ciety related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Keylogger.Fs0ciety, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Keylogger.Fs0ciety Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Keylogger.Fs0ciety Running Processes.
- Right Click on Keylogger.Fs0ciety and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Keylogger.Fs0ciety Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Keylogger.Fs0ciety and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Keylogger.Fs0ciety Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Keylogger.Fs0ciety, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!