Something went wrong on my system. I thing it get infected with PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile. I don't know what was happened to my system. It completely mess up my system, and get installed as a harmful threat. It create more harm to my PC. It invade my personal information, and allow its remote hackers to carry harmful deeds. I don't know what was it and how does it penetrate into my system. But it create more trouble to my system. I have also scanned my system, but it didn't get detected over my PC. What should I do to remove PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile completely from my PC. Please Help!!!!
PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile is identified as an extremely harmful Trojan that possess strong ability to harm your PC. It would infiltrate randomly into your system, and when your system used maliciously. It basically invade to violate your personal information like login details, passwords, email address, credit cards records and other confidential one. Its really a big disaster. Once get installed into your system, it would make certain changes to reduce system security. Hence, if you keep noticing this infection on your system, you should immediately use your genuine antivirus tool to remove this infection completely from your system.
Once invaded into your machine, PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile would changes your default system settings and inject some malicious codes in it. You will have lots of trouble. It would immediately hijack your browsers and creates annoying pop-ups. Its victims also have random redirection that would occur automatically each time when you are connected to the web. In this way, your PC get frozen and you will have sluggish performance. More importantly, it would show cookies to gather all your browsing activities and other confidential information. As a result, your privacy would be at high risk. So, you have to delete PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile as soon as possible from your PC.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile.
Step3: How to Uninstall PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of PUP.Optional.FakeFFProfile, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.