What is Winnix Cryptor Ransomware?
Winnix Cryptor Ransomware is one of the most dangerous System threat which belongs to the ransomware family. It uses very strong file encoding to lock the data of System users and demand to pay 4 BTC as a ransom. The primary executable of this ransomware may bypass the scanners by using the outdated digital certificate and execute as a background process. It scans the targeted PC deeply and after completing the scanning process, it starts the encryption process which as a result consumes more Computer resources and degrades PC performance speed.
The user can easily notice the appearance of this ransomware because it encrypts all data by using .wnx file extension. Once it encrypts your files, it makes you unable to access a single file. It automatically changed your background image and leaves a ransom note. The ransom note looks like as follows:
It always forces you to contact with its associated email ID “firstname.lastname@example.org”. To get a unique decryption tool, it asks you to pay the ransom money which cost are the bomb. If you really want to get back your all encrypted files without paying a penny then you have to delete Winnix Cryptor Ransomware as soon as possible from your compromised machine.
How does Winnix Cryptor Ransomware get on your PC?
The proliferation of this ransomware is deployed to System Computers via Spam emails or Junk mail attachments which look like a message from the social media site such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. The distributors of this ransomware use the various art of social engineering and use images and logos which is associated with the trusted companies. It makes a System backdoor entry through spam emails. Other sources of the infiltration are infected sites that contain JS codes, spam bots, exploit kits, infected devices, file sharing network etc. It always changes its tricks or method to intrudes into the user PC but its main source is the Internet. Thus, you need to be very careful while performing any online work.
Common Symptoms of Winnix Cryptor Ransomware
- Automatically changed your desktop wallpaper and leaves a ransom note.
- Overrides your all crucial settings.
- Keep an eye on your sensitive data and personal information for illegal purposes.
- Winnix Cryptor Ransomware can slow down your System speed by taking up more resources.
- Disable the performance and functionality of your all security tools and software.
Remove Winnix Cryptor Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Winnix Cryptor Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Winnix Cryptor Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Winnix Cryptor Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Winnix Cryptor Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Winnix Cryptor Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Winnix Cryptor Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Winnix Cryptor Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Winnix Cryptor Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.