From the last one week, my PC is compromised with TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo. I found certain programs and applications are not functioning properly, even some files are missing. Several times I tried to delete TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo but getting no way to fix the issue. My anti-virus program too failed to remove the Trojan. I am very much worried. I need help to remove TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo from my Windows system.
TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo is a dangerous Trojan virus and can severely damage your Windows PC. Well, if once your system gets infected with the Trojan then you will notice weird behavior of your computer system and its performance also gets decreased. It automatically restarts or freezes unexpectedly, etc. This very dangerous trojan uses huge amount of space in the system resources and results in sluggish PC performance. Besides this, it download malware or other infectious threats on the targeted PC. It creates mess inside your computer system and collect your personal or other confidential details like bank details, login details, credit card details, etc.
What worse, TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo randomly delete certain files and folders, corrupt registry entries and make your PC inaccessible. It also take control over your web browsers as it is capable enough to modify the browser settings without your knowledge. It alters the homepage and redirect your search result to harmful domains without any authorization. It disable the firewall protection and allow the hackers to execute evil activities in order to damage your computer system. Hence, it is advised to scan your PC and if you detect the Trojan virus then take quick steps to remove TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo from your Windows PC.
Harmful Impact of TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo:
- It download and install malware on the infected PC.
- Disable the security program and turn off firewall protection.
- It opens backdoor and allow hackers to take control over your PC.
- Due to presence of Trojan infection the performance of your PC decreases.
- Modify the registry entries and corrupt your system files.
- Randomly delete certain files and folders of your system.
How to Remove TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo.
Step3: How to Uninstall TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of TrojanDownloader:AutoIt/Gedo, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.