Is your desktop screen locked by Cuzimvirus ransomware? Are you unable to access your all files? If so your Computer has been affected by the ransomware infection. It does not only encrypts your all files but also keeps your privacy at high risk. To get rid of Cuzimvirus ransomware easily, step-by-step removal solution is provided here. Go through with this post completely and get the best removal tip.
Cuzimvirus ransomware Description :
Cuzimvirus ransomware is one of the most popular screen-locker infection. It can paralyze your desktop screen by blocking it with a notification. The notification is mainly represented by a window that comes with a bright red background. It immediately calls for your attention and pushes you to the sponsored email with the provided address. It is compatible with all version of Windows OS such as Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and so on.
At the first glance, this notification resembles that the creators of this infection force you into paying the ransom money for getting the decryption key. But before believing on it and paying off the money you have to think twice. Because luckily it is not a most dangerous ransomware like other, thus you do need to lose a penny to decrypt or get back your file. The appearance of this infection can be a wake-up call for you
How Cuzimvirus ransomware gets installed on your PC?
Similar to the other ransomware infection, Cuzimvirus ransomware is usually spread via Spam-emails. It can be executed on your PC via a file attachment that attached to a misleading and corrupted spam email. If you think that spam emails are one of the only ways for the proliferation of this ransomware infection then you are wrong. It has been specially created by cyber crooks and they are very smart. Cyber offenders use various distribution channel to drop its malicious code into the targeted machine such as hacked sites, infected devices, torrent files, online games, P2P file sharing network etc.
Harmful Effects of Cuzimvirus ransomware
As soon as Cuzimvirus ransomware successfully intrudes into your PC, it starts to encrypt your all files by using RSA and AES algorithm such as personal photos, videos, documents etc. By encrypting the file, it makes you unable to access your all stored file. It leaves a ransom note on your desktop screen and asks you to pay the ransom amount in order to get the decryption key. But there is no any possibility that after paying the ransom money you will get the decryption tool. What's worse, it tracks a victim's all sensitive data such as IP address, banking login details, username, password, contact details, addresses etc. After gathering you're all crucial data, it shares them with scammers. If you want to keep your data and PC safe for future then you should delete Cuzimvirus ransomware as soon as possible from their compromised machine
Remove Cuzimvirus ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Cuzimvirus ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Cuzimvirus ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Cuzimvirus ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Cuzimvirus ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Cuzimvirus ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Cuzimvirus ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Cuzimvirus ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Cuzimvirus ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.